• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Posterior Chain

Not at all, because somebody I know does the acronym thing to me and I can't stand it when I don't know what she means.

Medical Terminology Concerto - YouTube

The only thing you said was about Carters form, which was Oni's vid. Yet to explain why GM's aren't are a good low back movement. Like I've said before, if you've got good reasoning I'm happy to hear/read your thoughts.

I think Goosey means that they are not a good exercise because they do not stretch the intended muscle and then contract it. It will build the muscle but not as effectively as an exercise that took them through a full range of motion. Correct me if I'm wrong gooby

I think Goosey means that they are not a good exercise because they do not stretch the intended muscle and then contract it. It will build the muscle but not as effectively as an exercise that took them through a full range of motion. Correct me if I'm wrong gooby

You're a good boy sometimes and this is one of them.

Reverse Hypers.
While I think I did them right yesterday, is it the up or down motion that is working the muscles more? I tried to keep momentum out of the exercise.

hey Kaz,

if the professionals have diagnosed u with such an imbalance would it not be worth addressing your previous training cycles and routines to find out where the "hole" in the training was to provide such an imbalance? maybe they have suggestions. Oni mentioned isometric contractions RE SLDL how about front planks? at our gym we do 3 sets of a minute with a minute rest in between. sounds easy.... put a weight on ur back. this is almost as debilitating as doin a max effort UDL set and incorporated core strength. russian twist with plate? as u sit down keep ur feet off the ground. with each twist the goal it to keep ur feet elevated and still at the same time as u twist. too easy? grab a heavier weight. RE flexibilty dorian yates does an amazing stretch routine.
Bodybuilding.com - Video Article: Dorian Yates - Blood And Guts, Legs

hope this helps

reverse hyperextension, chopping with pivots and

rotations, and many
movements done with resistance, but beginning from a plank
position. Adding pivots and rotations to frontal plane dominant movements can
also help engage posterior plane muscle co-ordination, recruitment and enhance triplanar
range of motion. Something as simple as adding a posterior angled rotation
to a cable side lateral from a low position will still accentuate medial delt as a
prime mover emphasis but engage the hips and glutes, anterior oblique system and
rotational muscles of the para spinals as well.

Something i read in a book