• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Power Lifting Adelaide - Inaugural Deadlift

catastrophic

Powerlifting Adelaide (PLA) plans to be a un-sanctioned development federation working to give new and young lifters a chance to develop their skill set in a friendly and un-intimidating environment. We also aim to renew the interest in strength training in Adelaide.

What we are
We are for the lifters!
We are a development federation aiming to get people interested in strength, we aim to develop lifters so they can move on to the larger sanctioned federations in Australia (CAPO & IPF)
Lifters may choose if their results are recorded and published on line

What we’re not
I want to make a few points clear from the outset:
We are NOT trying to steal lifters from other federations
We are NOT trying to be the next big thing in Powerlifting.
We are NOT interested in 4 ply, 3 meter knee wrap quarter squats! The rules will be ‘real lifting’

Power lifting Adelaide is all set to hold its inaugural event, The first ever PLA Dead lift will be held on January 29 2011

This is a Raw (No equipment) event. Belts & Wraps are acceptable. Shorts must not cover the knee, Tape or long songs must cover the shins (Full technical manifest will be available closer to the event date)

Saturday 29/01/2011. First lift 11am sharp
Parks recreation centre – Angle Vale (Hosted by Adelaide Weight lifting club)
Male & Female - No weight or age classes (placing will be determined by percentage of body weight lifted)
Weigh-in on the day
$20 to compete. Spectators FREE
Lifters may choose if their results are recorded and published on line

Please PM me to confirm your registration!

Please Join Powerlifting Adelaide on Facebook.

Well done Ben.

A few points. Using % of bw lifted is unfair to heavier lifters, Glossbrenner is much fairer.

Surely if you are promoting PL you should hold PL comps.

Doing single lift comps undermines a PL comp. I know why people run SL comps, because theyre easier, but as your putting up a PL fed, your first event should infact be a PL comp.

We ran one with 11 lifters, all done in 2 1/2 hours, 3 lifts, rising bar. Your smart enough to organize it correctly.

Just my opinion Ben, good on you for doing this, if you get a logo or something, I'll stick it on my websites, PTC and ProRaw

Oh, and holding your first event on the same day as ProRaw probably isnt the best idea lol

Sounds good mate, will try and get down there for a look at least.
By the way dont you mean Angle Park??

Well done Ben.

A few points. Using % of bw lifted is unfair to heavier lifters, Glossbrenner is much fairer.

Surely if you are promoting PL you should hold PL comps.

Doing single lift comps undermines a PL comp. I know why people run SL comps, because theyre easier, but as your putting up a PL fed, your first event should infact be a PL comp.

We ran one with 11 lifters, all done in 2 1/2 hours, 3 lifts, rising bar. Your smart enough to organize it correctly.

Just my opinion Ben, good on you for doing this, if you get a logo or something, I'll stick it on my websites, PTC and ProRaw

Oh, and holding your first event on the same day as ProRaw probably isnt the best idea lol

Meeting with the graphics guy tonight to do a poster :)

You're right about the % thing. Im still working on the exact details, The idea for this meet came together in record speed!

I think ill also add a prize for the biggest PR of the day (bassed on honesty) I am more interested in guys hitting PR's than outright big numbers.....

I will be doing full meets in the future, But for now single lift is logisictly easier on both me & the lifters ....

Last edited:
This sounds awesome, it would be good craic meeting local people and seeing how an event like this works.

My deadlift would not be competitive but if I could get a PR on the day I'd be chuffed.

EDIT: Either I can't send PMs yet or you can't receive them so registering interest here.

Last edited:
This sounds awesome, it would be good craic meeting local people and seeing how an event like this works.

My deadlift would not be competitive but if I could get a PR on the day I'd be chuffed.

EDIT: Either I can't send PMs yet or you can't receive them so registering interest here.

I have heard from a few people they cant send me PM's..Jump on Crackbook & join Powerlifting Adelaide (Welcome to Facebook) and RSVP to the event as well (http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=138543526199849 ):)

Ignore him Ben he simply hates anyone trying anything new

He doesn't compete and wants make sure no one else does

The fact you are doing this in a state that desperately needs it seems to be lost on him

Just stick him on ignore, he never says anything positive anyway, so you won't miss anything

Ignore him Ben he simply hates anyone trying anything new

He doesn't compete and wants make sure no one else does

The fact you are doing this in a state that desperately needs it seems to be lost on him

Just stick him on ignore, he never says anything positive anyway, so you won't miss anything

Agreed that Adelaide needs this.

Im really looking forward to it. Dont know if i will lift but i definitely want to check it out!

Last edited: