• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Power Lifting Adelaide - Inaugural Deadlift

From peoples comments it's like there are only 5 people that lift in Adelaide.
I have never found it an issue finding people to train with here. There are lots of lifters, you just need to ask around.

Ben, the only issue I can see is that if a PA member competes in yours he or she is risking being banned for 2yrs. Due to this you will create a you or us mentality. I think this PA policy is crap but that is the way it is.

Would it not be better to contact Pam and have something under the PA banner?? Not sure how it would work though. But could be an option.

But we have 2 PA comps a year plus now 1 geared nationals and 1 raw nationals, if you have too many more comps you will take away time for people to put good cycles together to get stronger. You would only just be maxing all year.

I applaud your enthusiam, and wish you the best either way you go.

I havent been in the lifting scene all that long, about 2 years now, and i have never heard of any Powerlifting competitions at all.

Does anyone have any information about Powerlifting Gyms/Events that are held in Adelaide?

adelaide p/lifting

ben why dont you join and be part of capo i can see many advantages for your group to be part of a national orginisation than going alone ,support from vic,2 national comps to be involved in,part of the world powelifting orginisation,chance to set national and world records i could fill this page with benifits ,come on board ,work as one .if i can help you set that up lets know frank manning

I havent been in the lifting scene all that long, about 2 years now, and i have never heard of any Powerlifting competitions at all.

Does anyone have any information about Powerlifting Gyms/Events that are held in Adelaide?

Well I train at Fortus Gym in the city these days (home gym closed due to moving), and there are a few powerlifters there (more just started). But more importantly there are 5 power racks, elieko plates, comp speck bench (ER Bench), SSB bars, glut ham machine, bands and chalk. What more could a powerlifter want :)

Pretty cheap price too. Especially if your a PA member.

Ben Cove is already a member of CAPO and recently drove to PTC to lift at the National Deadlift Comp, where he did rather well.

I'm pretty sure he has lifted with PA before and is not interested in their bullshit.

Ben simply wants to introduce new lifters to the sport, being a novice can be intimidating. Once they've done a comp with Ben, they can compete with CAPO without fear of being banned or suspended, they can compete in raw or equipped, tested or non tested.

Good luck Ben

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcO-jn_LlS0]YouTube - PTC, CAPO DL Comp, Ben Cove 250kg[/ame]

I wouldn't call PA's actions bullshit.

Maybe you should understand that PA gets a little goverment funding, and as part of that they need to adhere to WADA's drug testing.
That is where the lifting in non-drug tested meets and bans come from. They are trying to protect the little money they get and can you blame them.
IPF has strict guidelines and that is why they are the leading fed and part of the World Games.

And hated by every powerlifter here and America who is not part of their Fed.

I suppose no other Fed can lay claim to that lol

Ben is a CAPO member so he cant do anything with PA, lets leave PA discussion out of his thread.

Frank, I hope Ben does become the CAPO delegate in SA, if he does, and fixtures his comps CORRECTLY, I would take a load over to lift.

Really Ben, on ProRawOne day lol

yes markos thats what its all about supporting one another ,vic and s.a could work closley together ,giving both states plenty of comps ,members ect,simple but all good

Ignore him Ben he simply hates anyone trying anything new

Just like Justin Beiber, Haters make me famous.....

Agreed that Adelaide needs this.

Im really looking forward to it. Dont know if i will lift but i definitely want to check it out!

Have a pull mate! You have to start somewhere & its going to be awesome fun.
Ben, the only issue I can see is that if a PA member competes in yours he or she is risking being banned for 2yrs. Due to this you will create a you or us mentality. I think this PA policy is crap but that is the way it is.

I applaud your enthusiam, and wish you the best either way you go.

First up Andy, Good effort on Saturday! Not many people can take it to the Snodgod & thank you for your kind comments about enthusiasm

It is my understanding PA lifters may compete in gym meets as long as the results are not published on line & records are not recorded. In PLA lifters may chose if their results are recorded & published or not.

Further, It would be silly for PA to not accept lifters coming from PLA, as these lifters will simply head for Drug-free, CAPO. Weight Lifting or Strongman

ben why dont you join and be part of capo i can see many advantages for your group to be part of a national orginisation than going alone ,support from vic,2 national comps to be involved in,part of the world powelifting orginisation,chance to set national and world records i could fill this page with benifits ,come on board ,work as one .if i can help you set that up lets know frank manning

I have spoken to Pual Nay about bringing CAPO back to SA. This will be a time poor & financially challenging task as we need to compete with WPC aproved equipment and use WPC aproved judges.

However, the ball is rolling & I do hope to bring CAPO back to Adelaide in 2012.

Ben Cove is already a member of CAPO and recently drove to PTC to lift at the National Deadlift Comp, where he did rather well.

I'm pretty sure he has lifted with PA before and is not interested in their bullshit.

Ben simply wants to introduce new lifters to the sport, being a novice can be intimidating.

Yeah I did pull at PTC. I did alright I guess, But no matter how much I lift it will never be enough.

I have also lift with PA. Lifters are lifters in my books. Last time I checked 200kg is 200kg no matter what federation you lift it in.

You're right, as a novice lifter seeing an A-grade lifter, lift twice what you are, is intimidating. I am also making sure friendly people lift with PLA. If you're a wanker, You're not welcome. Simple.

I hope Ben does become the CAPO delegate in SA, if he does, and fixtures his comps CORRECTLY, I would take a load over to lift.

Thank you for your support Markos. Maybe you should drive over to one of my comps this time :p

It is my understanding PA lifters may compete in gym meets as long as the results are not published on line & records are not recorded. In PLA lifters may chose if their results are recorded & published or not.

No- thats not correct. What you are talking about here is how to avoid getting caught. If you are a PA member and you lift with PLA, you can get in trouble. The non-published results etc sounds like a strategy to stay under the radar. Still a risk if you wanted to stay a PA member.

If you're a wanker, You're not welcome. Simple.

That solves that issue for me then. Thank you.

Hmm, tempting but I dont think my 187 dead would bust any records down there.

Lifting isn't about busting records, it's about lifting. I honestly don't understand why people think it's only worth lifting if your going to win/smash records. I've had an amazing experience competing and beating my own PBs, even if other lifters smash me.

Real keen to give this a go after thinking about it all day. Gonna hope to pull 200kg which i think is possible. See what happens. Real excited haha.

Trying to convince my mate to come and have a lift as well but he is under the impression that because he is not super strong he will be "wasting" everyones time. I have been trying to tell him he is being a little bitch but i havent been able to convince him so far.

He only started deadlifting 2 weeks ago and will probably only pull 150ish at 90kg BW. Im trying to convince him to see the comp as a motivational thing to train as hard as possible and then try and improve for the next comp.

What do you guys think? Would he be wasting peoples time if he came and had a pull as well? Surely the experience and knowledge/tips would be worth him coming yeah?

What do you guys think? Would he be wasting peoples time if he came and had a pull as well? Surely the experience and knowledge/tips would be worth him coming yeah?
Do it and bring your mate. Once you do it you'll wonder why you even questioned competing. It will be an awesome experience.

That solves that issue for me then. Thank you.

I thought you were still in ignore redneck mode?

Real keen to give this a go after thinking about it all day. Gonna hope to pull 200kg which i think is possible. See what happens. Real excited haha.

Trying to convince my mate to come and have a lift as well but he is under the impression that because he is not super strong he will be "wasting" everyones time. I have been trying to tell him he is being a little bitch but i havent been able to convince him so far.

He only started deadlifting 2 weeks ago and will probably only pull 150ish at 90kg BW. Im trying to convince him to see the comp as a motivational thing to train as hard as possible and then try and improve for the next comp.

He is not wasting anyones time. Infact, If he does not lift he is wasting his own time! It will be an awesome chance to meet & lift with some fantastic lifters. I can say from expereince, Every meet I go to, I learn something new!

Also, Come & get that 200 & give us the head knod action when you do! That is a massive mile stone for every lifter, I remember my first ever 200. Infact I got photos of it :)

You guys will love it. I had 6 first time lifters at my novice comp on the weekend, 3 joined ProRaw the next day, saying they cant wait.

Jan 29, really Ben, lol