• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Protein In you Breakfast.

Ok I'll bite

The main benefit is that 80% of people consuming 3 meals also eat snacks regularly between meals. Stuff such a lollies, chocolates and chips. Even after dinner people on 3 meals are more likely to have ice cream or cake or something rubbish like that. If you were taking in 6 meals u could time your last meal to be at 9pm therefore you are less likely to have that desert.
Also 6 meals diminishes your chances of over eating as the periods between meals is shorter. Let's say for example I had planned to eat at 8 am and 12 pm then some thing urgent comes up at 11:30am and now lunch gets pushed back to 2:30, having not ate for 6 and a half hours chances of over eating are greatly increased, if on the other hand I was eating at 8 am, 11 am and 2 pm I would be only be over shooting my planned meal by 30 minutes.
If you eat 6 meals you are going to be forced to cook all your food the night before or in the mornings as you can't be running off to the shops every few hours to buy a meal. Also Home cooked meals are typically healthier than food from a takeaway shop or restaurant.
I could keep going but it's late and I'm tired

This makes no sense.

Ok I'll bite

The main benefit is that 80% of people consuming 3 meals also eat snacks regularly between meals. Stuff such a lollies, chocolates and chips. Even after dinner people on 3 meals are more likely to have ice cream or cake or something rubbish like that. If you were taking in 6 meals u could time your last meal to be at 9pm therefore you are less likely to have that desert.
Also 6 meals diminishes your chances of over eating as the periods between meals is shorter. Let's say for example I had planned to eat at 8 am and 12 pm then some thing urgent comes up at 11:30am and now lunch gets pushed back to 2:30, having not ate for 6 and a half hours chances of over eating are greatly increased, if on the other hand I was eating at 8 am, 11 am and 2 pm I would be only be over shooting my planned meal by 30 minutes.
If you eat 6 meals you are going to be forced to cook all your food the night before or in the mornings as you can't be running off to the shops every few hours to buy a meal. Also Home cooked meals are typically healthier than food from a takeaway shop or restaurant.
I could keep going but it's late and I'm tired

Lol that's nothing to do with 3 vs 6 meals. You can just as easy try and sneak in snacks or eat takeaway on 6 meals.

I have found and so have many others that it is easier not to overeat on 3 meals vs 6 because I get to eat bigger more satisfying meals.

Hmmm I think different things work for different people?

6 meals is fine.
1 meal is fine.
2 or 3 meals is fine.

None of them are superior or better than. It's what is applicable and workable to your lifestyle. As long as your meeting your macros and calorie intake...it doesn't matter how often you're eating?

I eat 2 meals a day.

Lunch and dinner.

I've lost 77kg in 14 months.

It works for me, because I don't like breakfast. I don't eat anything before 1 or 2pm actually. I have never snacked. I work out and do cardio on an empty stomache. I weight train around an hour after a meal.

So I have 2 calorie dense, lovely meals a day.

And as I have issues with eating post surgery, I have a protein shake in addition to my meal, to supplement any shortfalls.

I think we said this in another thread. But the amount of meals you have, is dependant on your own needs.

Some people have higher rep meals, with lower portions.
Some people have lower rep meals, with greater portions.

No one way, is superior. Nor is one way worse. It's dependant on what works for that particular human being.

If someone told me, I had to eat 6 times a day, I wouldn't be able to do it and I'd give up...fast.

Two meals a day, suits me just fine. And always has. I just had to educate myself and know what to, and how much to eat, for those two meals a day.

Low reps, for greater portions.

That's all.

There is no right or wrong. There is only what is right, for you :)

Last edited:
Meh 6 meals is better than 3, I understand that the evidence is says that one is not better then the other and it really comes down to what works for the individual, but I just don't know a single body builder that doesn't eat 6 meals a day. If that makes me a bro scientist than so be it. As I'd prefer to go with people who I see getting results over keyboard warriors.

Meh 6 meals is better than 3, I understand that the evidence is says that one is not better then the other and it really comes down to what works for the individual, but I just don't know a single body builder that doesn't eat 6 meals a day. If that makes me a bro scientist than so be it. As I'd prefer to go with people who I see getting results over keyboard warriors.

Lol. Your posts make no sense at all. So many contradictions.

Oh wow the comeback that no one has heard before ''I don't know a bodybuilder..'' Well I don' know a ''bodybuilder'' who looks any good more than 1 day a year and can't stick to that routine for more than 12 weeks without wanting to neck themselves....

Oh wow the comeback that no one has heard before ''I don't know a bodybuilder..'' Well I don' know a ''bodybuilder'' who looks any good more than 1 day a year and can't stick to that routine for more than 12 weeks without wanting to neck themselves....

Yeah, I know a stack of builders, figure competitors and strength athletes who eat five or greater meals a day all day, every day, all year. And a lot of them look damn good all day, every day, all year. I'm not trying to prove one theory over the other, but if the post you've quoted (somewhat derogatorily) is broscience - you two just might be bro's. I eat five or more meals a day, and handle it just fine. I like to eat a lot, and find that if I try and eat as much as I would like in only three sittings, I end up feeling like crap. I think a lot of people will agree with me in saying that 'listen to your body' and decide what suits it best.

Don't get me wrong, the post you've quoted makes little sense. But having said that, it makes more sense than your rationalisation.

Yeah, I know a stack of builders, figure competitors and strength athletes who eat five or greater meals a day all day, every day, all year. And a lot of them look damn good all day, every day, all year. I'm not trying to prove one theory over the other, but if the post you've quoted (somewhat derogatorily) is broscience - you two just might be bro's. I eat five or more meals a day, and handle it just fine. I like to eat a lot, and find that if I try and eat as much as I would like in only three sittings, I end up feeling like crap. I think a lot of people will agree with me in saying that 'listen to your body' and decide what suits it best.

Don't get me wrong, the post you've quoted makes little sense. But having said that, it makes more sense than your rationalisation.
notsureifsrs.

Your body is functioning on it's habitual cycle. Of course change will take time for adaption to happen. It is normal, so if have been doing the 6 meals a day thing of course there will be some adjustment time required (hormonally). I just find it funny how you are trying to explain actual human physiology based on a ''he said, she said'' thing rather than the actual biological function which is explained/shown by science to be the complete opposite.

I suggest you open your eyes and actually read something rather than relying on what a bodybuilder says.

PS, I eat 1 meal a day and maintain 7% bodyfat all year around, eat any food types I like that meet my macros and calorie requirements and continue to increase strength and LBM. So your reasoning is the one that is flawed my friend, when from a ''bro'' point of view I can achieve the same if not better results by doing the complete opposite to what the 'norm' is for so called bodybuilder.

Read - Intermittent fasting diet for fat loss, muscle gain and health
Hormonal Responses to a Fast-Food Meal Compared with Nutritionally Comparable Meals of Different Composition – Research Review | BodyRecomposition - The Home of Lyle McDonald
Meal Frequency and Energy Balance | BodyRecomposition - The Home of Lyle McDonald

Last edited:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29g_wJLDFBo&feature=youtube_gdata_player]Weight Lifting Diet With MUSCLE GAINING Jay Cutler - YouTube[/ame]

That there Cell tech will do it every time LMAO :p:p

It's not the roids at all, its all in the Cell Tech and Nitro Tech....

It's funny to watch I wonder if anyone realises its a Muscletech add he is getting payed to do, I love the look of depression on his face when he is taking about the meals, cracks me up, was actually sitting in front of the computer pissing myself watching this.

Last edited: