• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Protein In you Breakfast.

guys, it's rarely the whey protein that causes gas. it's generally the spakfillers they add to it (99% spakfiller, 1% protein).
especially if they add stuff like gums and inulin etc.

unless you are lactose intolerant and should only then be using a pure WPI. steer clear of anything with casein if lactose is an issue.

I don't know why you guys are screaming bro-science when I eat high protein for breakfast I am markedly fuller for longer and def seem to have more energy over the course of the morning and less urge to binge. I think a high proteing breakfast is a great idea.

Your probably right in the scheme of things it may not matter as long as the days quota is met but it works for me.

Also I agree with Wingman it is criminal not to eat eggs.

I here ya....

However...

The question at the very start of the thread referenced the need for x amount of protein when you wake up blah blah blah.... To improve fat loss etc etc....
This is the bro science bit....

Eat what feels good and works for you in as many meals as you like.... Noones disputing what you should eat for breakfast.... :cool:

Breakfast it self does not matter... It's the total of the 3 macros over the day that counts....

I eat over 100 grams of protein for breakfast everyday...

guys, it's rarely the whey protein that causes gas. it's generally the spakfillers they add to it (99% spakfiller, 1% protein).
especially if they add stuff like gums and inulin etc.

unless you are lactose intolerant and should only then be using a pure WPI. steer clear of anything with casein if lactose is an issue.

This I fully agree with...

Bioflex started a thread in the nutrition section about how to spot when there is crap being hidden in your whey...

Or

Send Bioflex a PM on here and they will send you samples....

I use bulk nutrients..... And am very happy with it....

Members,

I'm sure this has been discussed somewhere. But I need
your expertise.

I have read a few books about building muscle / cutting fat
etc... (Not as much as you but a few). Anyway all of them
seem to suggest that 25g of protein in your breakfast will
make the muscle gain and fat loss accelerate.

Here are my questions:

1. Anyone on this forum seen dramatic alterations in your
muscle gain/fat loss by doing this? NO

2. Has it been any different to not taking a significant amount
of protein? NO

Thanks
Devante.
No need to micromanage things like that. Hit your macro's any damn way you wish. Makes no difference.

I don't know why you guys are screaming bro-science when I eat high protein for breakfast I am markedly fuller for longer and def seem to have more energy over the course of the morning and less urge to binge. I think a high proteing breakfast is a great idea.

QUOTE]I agree...I have my break-fast at 6pm with 300g protein and the rest of my daily nutritional intake... trololol...srs

I am curious do you guys really believe you could take in your cals by say 10 am and still have the energy to work out at 7.00pm and still have the body respond as well as if you had an afternoon meal?

Legit question cause if I don't eat I got nothing in the gym

I guess what I am saying is I get that you guys think for growth it doesn't matter but what about timing your meals for max energy when training?

Last edited:
I think everything needs to be done within reason, if you miss breakfast or don't have protein your muscles wont disintegrate instantly, but for optimum gains and energy I believe that you need to eat regularly or at least 2-3 meals a day, if you like 6 meals that's fine, but probably no real advantage.

It's all about common sense!

I think everything needs to be done within reason, if you miss breakfast or don't have protein your muscles wont disintegrate instantly, but for optimum gains and energy I believe that you need to eat regularly or at least 2-3 meals a day, if you like 6 meals that's fine, but probably no real advantage.

It's all about common sense!

That's what I'm getting at I am sure they are getting optimum nutrition for growth but I am sure timing is important for energy. Workout on an empty stomach your gonna feel flat.

I am curious do you guys really believe you could take in your cals by say 10 am and still have the energy to work out at 7.00pm and still have the body respond as well as if you had an afternoon meal?

I guess what I am saying is I get that you guys think for growth it doesn't matter but what about timing your meals for max energy when training?

I agree. I think we're all different but if I don't have something to eat and make sure i have enough fluids, I may as well skip the gym.

I have to have a little something even before bootcamp in the morning.

That's what I'm getting at I am sure they are getting optimum nutrition for growth but I am sure timing is important for energy. Workout on an empty stomach your gonna feel flat.

This is true for alot of people myself included. I like to have a meal about 60 - 90 mins before a workout and one about 30 - 45 mins afterwards (because of the anabolic window lol jks, just because im hungry as fark after a workout). But i do also feel like your body adapts to when you eat and train. For example I use to have to train at 5:00 am because of work commitments and did'nt want to get up at 3:30 to have breakfast so i trained fasted. It was a bit different to start with but after a while I felt good every session. No that Im back to training at a different time im sure it would be a bit hard going back to the old ways but after a while my body would adapt.

I've set PR's with 20hr fasts prior. Just worked out that way.

Members,

I'm sure this has been discussed somewhere. But I need
your expertise.

I have read a few books about building muscle / cutting fat
etc... (Not as much as you but a few). Anyway all of them
seem to suggest that 25g of protein in your breakfast will
make the muscle gain and fat loss accelerate.

Here are my questions:

1. Anyone on this forum seen dramatic alterations in your
muscle gain/fat loss by doing this?

2. Has it been any different to not taking a significant amount
of protein?

Thanks
Devante.

The is a legitimate question but you need to word it better, never use the word dramatic when talking about fat loss or muscle gain. Because there is no such thing unless you are on Steriods.
If you are trying to simultaneously loss fat and gain muscle than I would suggest making sure that you have a decent amount of protein for breakfast as there would not be a bodybuilder alive that doesnt have protein for breakfast.

If you are trying to simultaneously loss fat a gain muscle than I would suggest making sure that you have a decent amount of protein for breakfast as there would not be a bodybuilder alive that doesnt have protein for breakfast.

Sorry.... This is the bro science thing again.... Protein at breakfast has no bearing on fat loss or Muscle gain....

Ya just got to make sure you meet your daily protein target... This is the number that counts...

Obviously it makes sense to have protein for breakfast if your chasing a high protein macros count... This has no bearing on fat loss...

Calorie deficit equals weight loss.....

High protein intake is ideal during Calorie deficit as it spares lean mass...

If I train in the morning before 12pm... I won't eat breakfast... For me breakfast ruins my workouts...

When training in the afternoon... I try to eat 4 hours ahead.... Again I train better on an empty stomach....

Buts that's just me and everyone will be different... If you feel better eating a certain way..... Then keep doing that.....

Eat your daily macros any way you like....

I always eat a huge meal as soon as I walk out of the gym... Cause I love to eat then....

Sorry.... This is the bro science thing again.... Protein at breakfast has no bearing on fat loss or Muscle gain....

Ya just got to make sure you meet your daily protein target... This is the number that counts...

Obviously it makes sense to have protein for breakfast if your chasing a high protein macros count... This has no bearing on fat loss...

Calorie deficit equals weight loss.....

High protein intake is ideal during Calorie deficit as it spares lean mass...

Its ok I take pride in preaching bro science rather than be part of the anti bro scence retards who scream bro science from the roof tops all over these forums just because they have read a few threads that other people haven't read.

Obviously a calorie deficit is also important for loosing weight but that is obvious.
This meals a day debate that goes on is rubbish, 6 meals is superior maybe not macro wise but as a diet plan definately.

Its ok I take pride in preaching bro science rather than be part of the anti bro scence retards who scream bro science from the roof tops all over these forums just because they have read a few threads that other people haven't read.

Obviously a calorie deficit is also important for loosing weight but that is obvious.
This meals a day debate that goes on is rubbish, 6 meals is superior maybe not macro wise but as a diet plan definitely.

6 meals a day works fine.... Why would it not be capable of achieving your daily macros using 6 meals.....

A diet plan is a daily summary of your meals that adds up to your daily macros...

Also I'm interested to here the added benefits of six meals?

I have a question for the daily macros guys do you eat low carb paleo type diets. I don't mind admitting I rely on a good feed of carbs to power me through sessions no carbs = no energy. Just curious as I have considered trying paleo but enjoy a rounded diet

6 meals a day works fine.... Why would it not be capable of achieving your daily macros using 6 meals.....

A diet plan is a daily summary of your meals that adds up to your daily macros...

Also I'm interested to here the added benefits of six meals?

Ok I'll bite

The main benefit is that 80% of people consuming 3 meals also eat snacks regularly between meals. Stuff such a lollies, chocolates and chips. Even after dinner people on 3 meals are more likely to have ice cream or cake or something rubbish like that. If you were taking in 6 meals u could time your last meal to be at 9pm therefore you are less likely to have that desert.
Also 6 meals diminishes your chances of over eating as the periods between meals is shorter. Let's say for example I had planned to eat at 8 am and 12 pm then some thing urgent comes up at 11:30am and now lunch gets pushed back to 2:30, having not ate for 6 and a half hours chances of over eating are greatly increased, if on the other hand I was eating at 8 am, 11 am and 2 pm I would be only be over shooting my planned meal by 30 minutes.
If you eat 6 meals you are going to be forced to cook all your food the night before or in the mornings as you can't be running off to the shops every few hours to buy a meal. Also Home cooked meals are typically healthier than food from a takeaway shop or restaurant.
I could keep going but it's late and I'm tired

I have a question for the daily macros guys do you eat low carb paleo type diets. I don't mind admitting I rely on a good feed of carbs to power me through sessions no carbs = no energy. Just curious as I have considered trying paleo but enjoy a rounded diet

I feel the same way (no carbs = no energy) the secret i found is getting them in only when you really need them. For me i am most tired in the morning, mid afternoon and after my workout, so i have Oats for breakfast, rice mid afternoon and carb supplement after working out.