• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Protien bars.

k_21

Hi guys / Gals,

Please name some good protien
bars that you guys cosume that
are of good value (money and
quality vise).

I used to take the EAS stuff while
in London & I liked the taste of them.

However, can't find them in Aus.

Thanks
Devante.

lol at Protein Bars that are good value. I have not seen any bars that are good value most of them are around $4-$5 a bar even when you buy a pack of 24.

None are good value, however best i have seen is the ones form woolies aussie bodies 45 gram protein CHOCOLATE flavour only, as all the other flavours are soy protein not whey/casein...

I used to make my own with oats, heaps of whey, bananas and other stuff chucked in for goodness. Cant remember the bloody recipe but they were big and chunky, healthy and nearly like a meal.

I can only suggest you make your own.
I've made some that had heaps of peanut butter...tasted pretty good to me and worked out reasonably cheap! Plus I knew exactly what was in it.
Good luck!

None are good value, however best i have seen is the ones form woolies aussie bodies 45 gram protein CHOCOLATE flavour only, as all the other flavours are soy protein not whey/casein...

you can get these in 100 gram bars for $5 from woolies, half is a pretty decent serve

ppl seem to make their own; and that includes myself.
however i totally understand where your coming from if u havent got the time to prepare one, thats fine.
as for myself, if im out n about without any food in my pocket; i would normally go for aussie bodies or sometimes maxx; from preferably supplement stores, seems to be cheaper though.

I'd rather eat unflavored Tuna and / or the different types of canned beans (like kidney beans, lentils etc) with a low-calorie condiment like hot sauce, or with BBQ sauce. Taste is pretty good and nutritional value is good too.

Protein bars are a joke from what i've seen. Not sure, but i think the bar n00bs was referring to were the HPLC (hi protein lo carb) bars by Aussie Bodies. these have 45g protein and 6g carbs.. but these taste soooo bad it aint funny.

I'd rather eat unflavored Tuna and / or the different types of canned beans (like kidney beans, lentils etc) with a low-calorie condiment like hot sauce, or with BBQ sauce. Taste is pretty good and nutritional value is good too.

Protein bars are a joke from what i've seen. Not sure, but i think the bar n00bs was referring to were the HPLC (hi protein lo carb) bars by Aussie Bodies. these have 45g protein and 6g carbs.. but these taste soooo bad it aint funny.

Haha i actually like them, I take one to work on saturdays as a snack, not the best thing for me but its sweet and reminds me of chocolate :)

Haha i actually like them, I take one to work on saturdays as a snack, not the best thing for me but its sweet and reminds me of chocolate :)

lol gosh i can't stand those ay.

The only protein bar i liked was one by Max's, but these had 30g sugar per bar so I had to skip.

lol gosh i can't stand those ay.

The only protein bar i liked was one by Max's, but these had 30g sugar per bar so I had to skip.

The hydroxy phase ones dont, i used to buy them years ago when i was uneducated. Main ingridients like most of them was soy protein.. :eek:

Yeh I love the taste of bars as well and some of them are a really nutritious snack. My favourite are Titan Bars from Premier Nutrition, chocolate peanut butter crunch... Mmmmm.
You can get boxes of 12 online for $48.95 - the best price I have seen.

Every now and then I have a Horleys Carb Less - peppermint rough flavour.

7g fat.
6.2 g carb.
16.8g protein.

I wouldn't use it as a meal replacement - but some times when I am craving something with taste, I'll get one.

Agreed with most poeple tho - they're not overly value for money!

I usually grab a few if I'm buying local, and my order needs rounding up to the nearest dollar :) lol

Yeh protein bars are generally not that much better than regular chocolate bars except for a bit of extra protein. But yeh I cant help mysef sometimes... if you got a choc craving you might as well down a protein bar. Had some really nice tasting ones by ultimate nutrition called big100.

Oh Yeah by ISS Research are awesome tasting bars. When I'm not dieting these are the ones I treat myself with.