• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Pure/Unflavoured Protien Powders, what do they taste like?

seanlivo

I've been seeing sites (like the sponsors site) that sell pure/unflavoured protien and other powders but what do they taste like? I remember I bought a tub of Aussiebodies Protien from woolworths one day and OMG what crap I never finished the tub and since then I have stuck to brands like Optimum Nutrition.

Just wanted to get some feedback for people that use these powders and what they mix it with?

I used to chug down unflavoured WPC shakes, it was do able especially after a WO when I can not really taste what is going down. Wouldn't all Aussie Bodies be flavoured, especially in woolworths. Go to fitness central and get their protein and flavour sachet with it. You just mix 1kg with the flavour sachet and you have exactly the same as the more expensive brands.

I have been on unflavoured WPC for over 3 months now, it's def an acquired taste, but you get used to it fairly quickly. Buy a small amount and see how you go!
Posted via Mobile Device

you get used to it. its not gr8 but not bad. i wouldn't add the flavouring to the whole thing before trying a little bit.

I was using the unflavoured WPC too from Bulk Nutrients. It is a bit average but you do get used to it. But then I read n00bs suggestion and so added some cocoa and stevia in to my tub and mixed it all up. Now tastest great. Chocolate flavour.

Cheers,
Mike

So what would I be looking at adding to a KG of protien to give it some flavour? also do yous blend it or just use a shaker with water or milk?

Last edited:
Sean,

I had a 5kg tub of WPC that I wanted to flavour so added about 300-500gm of cocoa powder and about 4 tablespoons of stevia and it worked alright. I sort of did it by feel.

I use both a hand held blender and shaker bottles. I use the bottles when I'm at work and the blender for post work-out and pre-bed shakes when I'm at home. The blender works much better. I get heaps of lumps with the two different shakers I have.

Cheers,
Mike

Unflavoured protein is fine, personally I like it because it is free from artificial sweeteners, thickners and stabilisers. Just add some milo to it or blend it up with some other stuff to make a delicious shake!

No harm in trying I guess, I was thinking of getting some Casein Protien MPI and pure micronised L-Gutamine from fitness central.

Well I received 1KG of MPI Casein Protien from fitnesscentral today, cookies and cream favoured. Give it a try later and lets know

I have been buying unflavoured from our sponsor here and have learned to tolerate WPC on it's own, how much sugar/cals does the flavoring add?
Posted via Mobile Device

I'd say that depends on what flavouring you add. Most flavouring only adds about maybe 1g of carbs and maybe like less than 1g of fat. They generally use artifical sweeteners so that's why.

Back on topic though, so does unflavoured WPC actually taste creamy? I was planning on getting a 5kg bag (because it's so cheap) but i was wondering what it tastes like as well. I usually take it with milk so would that help?

I've only ever bought unflavoured protein - mostly WPC - from various aussie company's selling direct.

Dunno where you guy's get yours from 'cause all the ones I get taste ....um......er.....unflavoured.

That's why they call them unflavoured. There is no flavour.

And when mixed with milk - which I usually do - they taste like....well....milk.

Jonno, I've never tried unflavoured (this will be 3rd time buying protein powder) and some people say it has this creamy taste, while others say it tastes crap. No one has said that it tastes flavourless. I guess when i finally get it i'll be able to give my opinion on the matter.

I've got 20kg headed my way as I'm actually sick of flavored and it's damn cheap plus the fact the sweeteners are artificial really puts me off as who knows what they could do too you. Would rather just have a creamy milky taste without worrying about potentially dangerous sweeteners.

Could just flavour it with milo or cocoa if I want. Even vanilla extract or cinamon, even better fruit.