• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Qualifying totals for CAPO Nats

Sometimes Paullie, you go off without thinking something through, as do others.

You guys are all on sitonmyfacebook with Max, you could simply ask him why he's having a break from comps.

Look, with Michael injured, Gareth going up to the 95kg class, Kelly not lifting, Max has a pretty good chance to pick up a grand at ProRaw. He's still not interested.

How rare is that? He's a very genuine kid

Never said he wasn't mate, I think Max is tops and to be honest I was more dissapointed in that we won't get to see him lift this year and kick some ass.

Markos, your cool, don't get so defensive, leave that for the un cool.

He's 18, he could change his mind overnight lol

Daryl starts training with Max on Monday, he hasnt lifted for months due to a new job.

They will train together 6 days a week

Things change quick, they both may compete

I've just had a look at the dates for the other States Nats.

WA, QLD and NT are late May, just a couple of weeks before the Nats.

Maybe they are more concerned with the equipped Nats later on in August.

Fact is there were 28 equipped lifters at the Nats in 2010 and 51 raw. I dont count the bench section.

I'm not sure how the raw lifters are going to manage competing 2 weeks before Nats and still try and qualify.

I guess those that have already qualified or dont need to will simply bypass States.

This has happened because we have separated Nats and simply brought Raw forward from August to June, the states havent adjusted.

I cant find a date for NSW States, anyone know where/when?

Must have changed recently. I looked early last year and it was wraps. I noticed it references the WPC rulebbok now, not their own like last time.

Must be 30kg for the high squats then;)

Yep it changed in 2010 to come on line with the WPC international standards.

I think the CAPO guys are just stronger lifters....

wat a joke that is states 2 weeks beofre nats... I mean it doesnt really bother me haveing qualified but I was hoping to get my mate qulified for nationals this year and even if we do qualify him then he will have to pay top price for air fares etc.... CAPO lifta ya game this is not acceptable.

When I hit my new PR's at the end of these training cycles I'll have had enough to qualify. Putting it into practice at States would be different obviously, but that's still a long while away.

Just happy I don't have to qualify for a few years yet. 2 weeks between is ridiculous.

The Capo NSW State Titles will be held in Wollongong on Sunday April 3rd 2011. I will post its own thread with all info shortly .

Peter
Rock Solid Fitness

Much better timing Pete.

I just sent an email to Paul and other State reps with my concerns of States timing.

Using last years Nats, we have 8 qualified Senior Men qualified for raw nats, thats across 12 weight classes.

While PA's qualifying is low, remember CAPO didnt even have qualifying in 2010. PA will raise the bar for the following year.

I also expressed concers as to how many non powerlifting comps CAPO has during the year. Doing bench only or push pull doesnt give opportunity for lifters to qualify, at the moment they get one shot.

I'll be having at least 3 powerlifting comps at PTC for CAPO in 2011, as well as the deadlift comp

When I hit my new PR's at the end of these training cycles I'll have had enough to qualify. Putting it into practice at States would be different obviously, but that's still a long while away.

Just happy I don't have to qualify for a few years yet. 2 weeks between is ridiculous.

Does that mean you're not lifting in the states?

I also expressed concers as to how many non powerlifting comps CAPO has during the year. Doing bench only or push pull doesnt give opportunity for lifters to qualify, at the moment they get one shot.

That is a valid point, however, I do feel single lift meets are important as they're good for getting new people in to the sport & give the Bench only guys are chance to feel special for a day ......:p

If I can get any of my clients to compete, I'll be happy. Only women, none of my male clients have any chance of a good showing.

Those of you who can compete, are physically capable of putting up respectable totals - you should do it. Make the best of what you've got.
how many comps have you done?

IMO single lift comps should be run in conjunction with full three lift or left until after the Nats...the focus should be on getting as many qualified lifters to the nats as you can and providing ample opportunity for this to occur.

how many comps have you done?
In powerlifting, none. I said, those who are "physically capable of putting up decent totals." My current total is not decent, and given my scoliosis, I am probably not physically capable of ever putting up a decent total. Looking at qualifying totals for PA, if I remained in the 83kg class I'd need a 415kg total just to be in D grade - something like SQ130 BP105 DL180. If you saw my back you'd know why that seems unlikely. Lamar Gant lifted very well with scoliosis, but he started when he was 15 or so, and scoliosis is a progressive condition - gets worse with the years.

Nonetheless, I am working on my lifting, and getting as strong as I can. I am only a bit short of being as strong as I've ever been, almost 20 years ago (my main focus then was endurance, that's how it is as a soldier). Perhaps one day I will put up a respectable total. But not today.

Those who are physically capable of putting up a decent total ought to enjoy the results of their hard work, and make the best of it.

I would give the same advice to people who regularly practice high jump or sprint or football, even though I am dreadful at all those things. If you have a decent performance in something, make the most of it.

Obviously people have the rest of their lives to deal with, of course. I don't mean everyone should do every competition that'll have them, or dedicate their lives to competition.

Last edited:
That is a valid point, however, I do feel single lift meets are important as they're good for getting new people in to the sport & give the Bench only guys are chance to feel special for a day ......:p

Ben. youre confused, single lift comps are not a sport

The real reason promoters run them is because they are easier to organise

Squats are not that difficult