• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Really weak core (Abs)

Oh, it was just one those wombats at your gym telling you? Pfft, ignore those drongos.

Here's an inspiring story of a young bloke who did just three exercises - squat, deadlift and bench - and is now strong and fit, after ignoring the advice of anyone who wasn't obviously switched on and better than him.

Focus, Grasshopper :)

I'm glad you enjoyed the story on Shorty. He is competing at PTC on September the 19th, he is flying in from Sydney.

If anybody wants to be truly inspired by a 67kg lifter, make your way down, and watch him squat 180kg, deadlift 210kg and bench press 110kg, all raw, not even a belt.

Glad you guys enjoy the newsletters.

Core isn't really about your mid section. It's your stabilising muscles. People who think they have a weak core often have weak lats and glutes, which will absolutely affect your lifting ability.

BINGO - i really need to strengthen my glutes, as i can lift heavy leg weights in isolation yet when i do squats and deadlifts i barely manage 90% of self weight because my hammies feel like they are going to explode. i've read a few articles and i think i have this problem because my glutes arn't strong enough thus my hammies are compensating.

i always pull up sore in the hammies after a legs workout, even if i havent been focusing on them. sometimes during a workout and general work i'd manage to pinch a nerve in the buttock which sent shooting pain down my right hammie, i assumed it was due to all those years of putting my wallet in the back pocket so i've stopped doing that and thats stopped the pain :)

i've been doing a few glute activation excercises in a bid to strengthen them

Every lifter starts out ignoring their posterior chain. My son was lucky as in that I have been responsible for all of his training, thats why at 16 he squatted double bodyweight and 150% bodyweight for 20 reps, full squats, no belt.

He can also powerclean 102.5kg @ 67kg and jerk 95kg. Because he trains for sport, the entre training process concentrates on PC and core work.

He does no exercise besides bench press sitting or lying down, everything else is done standing, like his sport.

Some of the other exercises he does are

overhead squats
power snatch
1 arm snatch
high pulls
hang clean
front squats
bench squats (165kg)
deadlifts
snatch grip deadlifts
Ukrainian deadlifts
Cannonballs (power upright row with a 64kg kettlebell)

Try some of them for PC and core strength

Cheers

Markos