• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

September Challenge

September Challenge Options

• Total voters
Ok. I'd be in for the ab challenge only because I wanna get swole and doing bw squats (close to my 1rm lolfail) will not help me accomplish this task

Fortunately hurting your wrist won't mess up crunch month too much, unlike the august pushup challenge which I think I owe 28x50 pushups ie. 700 pushups today and tomorrow haha :<

Not sure mate - as I mentioned though, if you're already quite strong in some of these, make them twice a week or even daily, and add extra sets and reps.

I haven't done much in the way of abs, that's the whole idea of posting it. If it's too easy I'll notice pretty quick and adjust my volume?

Tried it last night.
Found the planking harder than it looks. Managed 1 minute on front plank and 30 seconds on the side ones.
Definitely a good challenge

Think this'll be what I do it as

Floor Crunch (3 sets of 30)
Hover/plank (till failure? Or 3 mins)
Horizontal leg raise (3 sets of 15-20)
Left Side plank (45 seconds)
Air bike (3 sets of 15-20)
Right Side plank (45 seconds)
Floor toe reach (3 sets of 15)
Tripod hover/plank (3 mins)

Tried it last night.
Found the planking harder than it looks. Managed 1 minute on front plank and 30 seconds on the side ones.
Definitely a good challenge

Think this'll be what I do it as

Floor Crunch (3 sets of 30)
Hover/plank (till failure? Or 3 mins)
Horizontal leg raise (3 sets of 15-20)
Left Side plank (45 seconds)
Air bike (3 sets of 15-20)
Right Side plank (45 seconds)
Floor toe reach (3 sets of 15)
Tripod hover/plank (3 mins)

How about the volume - about right? And time - how long to complete? Going to do it daily?

I'm likely to start doing 3 or 4 of them each session, 3 times a week alongside my current workouts. Each should get done minimum twice a week that way - and I'm allowing for some recovery time.

with the planking volume was enough, if you already do it up the reps
do airbike as two or three minutes straight (or as two or three sets of two minutes) for more of a burn.

took around 10 minutes

will be doing daily morning and night with pushups instead of just the crunches ,situps and pushups .

I have a V forming unlike last year during dieting....?
I did a lot of leg raises and lower ab stuff....

my obliques are starting to show , still a lot of blubber on the belly.
down 10cm in august around the belly. down 12cm on the belt line since end of june.

link study pls

Reference- Zatsiorsky, Vladimir M., Kraemer, William J., "Chapter 4, Training Intensity", Science and Practice of Strength Training, 2nd Edition .

I couldn't find a study directly comparing the differences in degradation of external resistance however here are a couple showing different MPS timeframes to the ones you posted.*

Muscle Protein Synthesis Following Heavy Resistance Exercise Abstract
The Time Course for Elevated Muscle Protein Synthesis Following Heavy Resistance Exercise - Canadian Journal of Applied Physiology

http://edulife.com.br/dados\Artigos...\Protein Requirements and Supplementation.pdf

"Resistance exercise is followed by a period lasting as long as 48 h8 when rates of muscle protein synthesis are elevated above resting levels."

Daily pull ups sounds like a great way to tear a bicep...

huh?

Good luck with crunch month peeps. Not doing this one. I only just started doing any specific core exercises recently and 3x a week is plenty for me.

hrmmn, am I missing something....

3-9

50 knee raise twists, oblique v-ups 2 sets 10 per side