• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

September Challenge

September Challenge Options

• Total voters
We would love to support this, Aus bb.

How about we get a prize for the winner?
Can't have a competition without a prize can we? ;)

I'm going okay with it.
Slowly increasing the time I can do the planking for.
Front plank I can do for the three minutes, side just make it to 45 seconds.
Probably doing to many crunches first.

Doing 3 sets of the challenge morning and night

Hi Bradsky, didn't realise there was more than one challenge for September.

If you could point us to all the current one's taking place, we will take a look at them all.

Thank you.

I think there's a squat challenge on another thread, this is more like a monthly personal challenge with no winner as such, but if I had to pick a winner it would be

me:D

So update from me, one week and a bit in.

Am REALLY glad to doing a challenge that is NOT daily! And is something I can work in with my normal routine. Don't think I could do a daily challenge every month.

So far I been working predominantly planks in between sets 3x a week. My trainer went through some form tips to really hit the abs (and he'd sit there digging a finger into my mid regions to make sure everything was tight...).

Need to activate and squeeze your glutes and try to roll the front of your hips in/up as far as you can. Shoulders were right back and down, and the middle of the chest out. This makes your glutes to your shoulders as "flat" as can be on the back.

Foot/toes were in as far as they could be to take strain away from the legs. And the plank wasn't completely straight from top to bottom - it was completely level/parallel to the ground from hips to head, with the legs needing a little angle.

Most videos I've seen make you fully straight and the toes point straight down. I played around a bit and definitely felt it more with the changes I described above.

Also completed this on Saturday as well, and will try to do weekly: About cx30
30 minutes of sideplanks, wood chops, assorted crunches, resistance band movements etc.

I have also sorts of sore bits around my abs and on top of my lower ribs even. Progress I guess!