• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Should I bug Karen to compete in the PRORAW Rep Challenge?

Hawkpeter

I think Karen would have a great shot at placing well in the PRORAW Rep Challenge. Only problem is that she isn't big on the idea. If you guys send some words of encouragement I can forward them to her and egg her on.

Here she is with some nice PB's in the Bench and Squat that would break the CAPO Raw records for 60kg BW.

Pete, I just watched her vid, its a no brainer.

The girl is STRONG, she might scare some of the boys away.

She'd be silly if she didnt do it, I cant imagine her NOT placing

She should definitely compete in some competition. If not for herself, then to inspire others.

The men will be inspired because, "shit, I have to be able to lift more than a woman!"

The women will be inspired because they will realise that "strong woman" does not equal "She-Hulk."

Hard work should be rewarded by recognition and big wads of cash. As I understand it, the ProRaw Rep Challenge offers both.

Well I tried but Karen's going to be in LA when the comp is on. Maybe next time.

I will try to get her to have a crack at the events as they are to get an idea of what results she would get.

She took a set on the bench for max reps at 75% BW and knocked out 20. Got the idea from the Rexona Athlete challange that has been airing lately... lowest score there was 20 reps by Luke Hodge AFL who is 91kg.

I got 21 reps lol
The v8 Supercar driver should have been disqualified for incorrect form
There were a few horrible scores in the first couple of seasons as well (single figure type stuff)

I got 21 reps lol
The v8 Supercar driver should have been disqualified for incorrect form
There were a few horrible scores in the first couple of seasons as well (single figure type stuff)

Its BODYWEIGHT + 20kg at the Ironedge rep challenger Graeme, how many can you get?

I actually thought Winterbottom's reps were pretty good. In 30+ reps its always conceivable that there could be a few that are not locked out, like Wallace's first attempt.

Most of the guys here at the gym who attempted it got between 25 and 30. I had 35, another guy had 36 and the best was 40 @ 85kgBW.

and I forgot to add. This morning at the NFL Combine Stephen Paea from Oregon State had 49 reps at 225lb at a body weight of 303lb.

102kg @ 137kgBW for 49 reps. That is almost right on 75%BW. But for a man that size! Incredible!

Its BODYWEIGHT + 20kg at the Ironedge rep challenger Graeme, how many can you get?

Zero :p

Hawkpeter - maybe I'm thinking of someone else. Bloke I saw didn't touch the bar to his chest more than a half dozen times and only locked out the last few to give himself a rest
Some if the combine tests are pretty impressive. A lot of them don't really seem relevant to NFL though, and they train specifically for the testing eg wider grip to reduce ROM etc

Zero :p

Hawkpeter - maybe I'm thinking of someone else. Bloke I saw didn't touch the bar to his chest more than a half dozen times and only locked out the last few to give himself a rest
Some if the combine tests are pretty impressive. A lot of them don't really seem relevant to NFL though, and they train specifically for the testing eg wider grip to reduce ROM etc

yeah i saw the guy you are talking about, pretty sure it was the race car guy. i was surprised no one called him up on it, yet they called the winner up on it, when they both did exactly the same thing.

Blaine Sumner will have a Pro Day in the next month for NFL scouts, possibly the same day as Colorado or Colorado State. He was not invited to the NFL Combine in Indianapolis.