• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Should I bug Karen to compete in the PRORAW Rep Challenge?

That was very, very good. She would get between 30-40 reps on UDL, plus 10 point bonus for getting all 5 lifts, that'll get her around 100+ or so, in the money for sure.

Contact Rick at Australian Kettlebells. Tell him who you are and that you need a 64kg and 80kg KB for the Ironedge Rep Challenge, he will look after you.

The boxes we use are 30cm high.

I hope Karen can make the next comp, it will give you time to get rid of that pad and gloves.

I'm going to cop hell from my girls when they see you allow that stuff lol

I know, I know. Usually I and everyone else here would make fun of someone till they removed them in shame...... but that just doesn't seem to work on Karen. Under the circumstances I let her slide on it because she's just so damn strong and trains so damn hard.

Unfortunately she has O/S flights booked for Easter so it will have to be next year for her.

Pete, how old is Karen?

Is she an athlete that competes in another sport?

Will she do ProRawTwo, straight powerlift meet?

She's a flibberty-jibbert, a will-of-a-wisp. Almost impossible to train.

She came from a Crossfit gym not long after I opened nearly 18 months ago. Various sporting backgrounds. Wanted to work on her OL and gymnastics which we did for about 3 weeks then she was off on another adventure. Came back and wanted me to coach her for an over 35's Masters relay team which I did for a month, they came first, she'd never competed in track before and she led off and changed over the baton in first, 100 and 200.

Since the end of last year I have urged her to lift heavy here regularly and you can see the results. We've weened off the high rep crossfit stuff and just concentrated on deadlifting and pressing and front squatting, its almost to frustrating to have her OL, but we have a few laughs between her impulsiveness and my trying to coach to detail.

I'm going to try to convince her to compete in some PL events but she'd be more likely to go in something if she was just walking past a comp one day than if she was able to prep for it, she just likes lifting and working out for fun, addicted to it. Not many people can wrap their head around it, me included. She's an enigma, but waves a mighty flag for be strong and feminine at the same time.

My Brittany is the same, deadlifted 145kg @ 73kg and 20yo, zero interest in competition.

She pulls heavy once every 4 months or so, happy to just lift.

Girls, cant live with them, pass the beer nuts.