• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Should I buy natural WPC/other supplements or ones already branded and bottled up?

There is no difference.
Just look at the ingredients list to see what you are getting.
Be aware of cheap fillers and blends which are sometimes cleverly hidden in big branded companies but then again be aware of the smaller companies because they substitute ingredients for cheap stuff.
Stay away from No Bull protein as they have been caught out in the past.
Go with one of the site sponsors and you'll be sweet. True protein or BN.

The big brands with the flashy labels and big thick plastic tubs cost more because you pay for the packaging and extra dose of filler. Go with one of the sponsor's WPI from here and you can't go wrong, as many of members here can testify.

brand is unimportant.

Probably the only two three things that do matter are:

1) % of protein per 100g
2) The taste of it (with both milk and water)
3) The price

You can get different protein powders based on where the protein comes from (Whey or plant based) but over all there is virtually no other differences

Natural will be cheaper if you like adding your own ingredients, buy from a bulk supplier whose flavours you like as a next step up.

Any commercial brand will generally be more expensive and have more fillers as the others have said.

There is no difference.
Just look at the ingredients list to see what you are getting.
Be aware of cheap fillers and blends which are sometimes cleverly hidden in big branded companies but then again be aware of the smaller companies because they substitute ingredients for cheap stuff.
Stay away from No Bull protein as they have been caught out in the past.
Go with one of the site sponsors and you'll be sweet. True protein or BN.

Alright I'm gonna check out them both and see what suits my needs.
Thank you.

Am I able to add fruits and nuts into the blender with the protein and milk?

Last edited:
Am I able to add fruits and nuts into the blender with the protein and milk?

Can add anything you like mate. I want to try some dried coconut flakes one day soon.

Try with your powder and different ingredients. Don't forget to write everything down :)

Whatever you do though, don't ever blend some tuna with milk, it's fucked. Someone tried it on here and regretted it.

Blend away.

Get onto the BN web site and order a bunch of sample packs. Figure out which ones you like the best and order that. They are a great quality protein supplier plus have all the other bits and pieces if you need them.

I get 5kg at a time from them. When I place the order I can get 5 different flavours. All good. I think its about $150 for 5kg. I think ON would be about most of that for 1kg bottle. Oy. I just checked one site and its $60 for less than 1kg (2lb, whatever lb's are….) so you get 5x that much for the price of two bottles.

Also, ON Gold Whey is not pure WPI. It contains the much cheaper WPC which has a high lactose content. So less bang for your buck again.

In the end, it's how much pure protein you get for $1. BN pisses all over ON, especially considering the above price is for the lactose free WPI with a higher protein content.

Blend away.

Get onto the BN web site and order a bunch of sample packs. Figure out which ones you like the best and order that. They are a great quality protein supplier plus have all the other bits and pieces if you need them.

I get 5kg at a time from them. When I place the order I can get 5 different flavours. All good. I think its about $150 for 5kg. I think ON would be about most of that for 1kg bottle. Oy. I just checked one site and its $60 for less than 1kg (2lb, whatever lb's are….) so you get 5x that much for the price of two bottles.

Also, ON Gold Whey is not pure WPI. It contains the much cheaper WPC which has a high lactose content. So less bang for your buck again.

In the end, it's how much pure protein you get for $1. BN pisses all over ON, especially considering the above price is for the lactose free WPI with a higher protein content.

You guys keep saying BN but is that Bioflex Nutrition or Bulk Nutrients :C

[MENTION=13432]WoodyAllen[/MENTION]; are you sponsored by Bulk Nutrients, its just I saw an article of you in the Herald Sun where you're wearing a Bulk Nutrients t-shirt? :)

You're a sexy kunce.

Woohoo what an awesome deal we have right here crikey... get in before the cheese factory closes, fellas! :eek:

NBS Vouchers, Articles, Recipes and more.
[h=3]No Bull Supplements is Australia's leading supplier of sports supplements without the gimmicks. Click here to shop now.[/h]
Monday 9 February 2015
Vouchers

Take $5 off any order using code 'NBS5OFF' at checkout. Voucher expires midday 14 February 2015.
Protein Powder Comparison Chart

We’ve created a Protein Powder Comparison Chart that compares our WPI as a source of protein against products that have been around for decades.

Rather than overloading you with information, we’ve included all the essential facts you need to know when choosing the best whey protein powder for you:

1. Protein type: Look for a 100% isolate (WPI) that is not mixed with other inferior types of protein

2. Macronutrients: Look for the highest protein percentage (or protein content per 100g)

3. Price: You’ll want the lowest price

47e197da-1f3d-41b3-8150-26f5ceace9b1.jpg

You guys keep saying BN but is that Bioflex Nutrition or Bulk Nutrients :C

The latter.... but they're both owned by Ben, see below...
http://ausbb.com/showthread.php?t=14939

I find TP's flavours better but BN is cheaper and certainly tolerable.
You will probably find you can get BN/TP WPI for the same price (or cheaper) than most big brands and they are mostly WPC even though they claim some WPI.

If your gut is sensitive to that type of stuff, 100% WPI is the way to go anyway.

I bought some ON last go because their protein content is also legit, and given I was only buying 5lb, I was getting 250g more powder for the same price as 2kg of BN + $12 shipping. Tastes good. That said, I'll go BN again next time when I'm ordering a larger quantity to offset the postage cost (vs free on eBay).