• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Shoulder impingement

Shit shoulder brahs, there a lot of you...
For a while, after my training sessions, I do a few sets of pull ups and push ups, my shoulders have struggled for a while now! I can't do any presses etc, but doing oly lifting I still do get over head work in though snatch, jerk etc..
Anyway, I've stopped doing pull ups out of boredom, and my shoulders seem to have gotten a little better!!
A Physio told me they were good for them..

Anyone feel free to-
Try for yourself
Tell me it's a coincidence
Call me a clown
Send me a blank cheque

I used less ROM for a while and that helped a lot.

Now I can seem to do them full dead hang right up to 'chest hits bar' ROM without pain.

Interesting. I actually find pullups to work really well at loosening my shoulders up after doing heaps of pressing, especially the overhead press. Shoulder dislocations done with a broom handle always seem easier after them compared to before. I also do a lot of tennis ball rolling around the shoulder and that seems to be quite effective at getting rid of the knots that tend to develop around the scapular.

Yeah I feel good at the time or immediately after, but it's at night, during the day that the pain is bad, and it seems to have eased... I roll abit, and my massage lady hooks the tens machine onto my shoulders for an hour every 3 weeks while she sorts out my back and legs