• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Skinny Beginner in need of tips

M

minx

Hello to everyone,

I am a 20 year old male and I am wanting to get into bodybuilding as I am a skinny 6footer , weighing in at 57kg I want to put on any amount of weight

I am after some tips really on how and where to start as Im not really sure how to get into bodybuilding. I have some free weights. i tried the gym thing but i felt a bit out of place there if you don't know what i mean , intimated

So using the equipment that i have can anyone guide me on how often to train, what type of training i should be doing , and what foods to eat

Thanks

Well 1st thing is you should be eating like 5,6 meals a day, Get some Protein Supplements. and what equipment do you have ?

dumbbells , resistance bands , barbel including a bench press
Currently I have been working out 3 times a week, for around 30 minutes at a time.

Monday (Workout)
Tuesday (30 min cardio)
Wednesday (Workout)
Thursday (30 cardio)

You want to put on weight, get rid of the cardio.

3 days a week of heavy training is ok.
Do all the compound lifts, squats, deadlifts, dips, chins, bench press, military press.

Eat everything you can as long as you get enough protein.
You are only 57kg, you will not get fat.