• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Snap Fitness

azza

I am in Toowoomba and a Snap Fitness franchise is opening soon. My question is has any one been to a snap fitness? And if so what brand of machines/plate loaded weights have they got, cant find out anything on there corporate website apart from "the latest".Why are gyms more interested money than what brand/efficency/effectiveness the weight gear is. Lets discuss.

AZZA

Give them a call and ask for their info about equipment.

I do no understand your discussion question though.

Give them a call and ask for their info about equipment.

I do no understand your discussion question though.

I aint calling shit lol, get all the sales ploy bs, i just wanted to know what brand of equipment they have from fellow members……….

The discussion is aimed at gyms that do not even know what they are buying or anything behind the product. I was hoping this new gym will have some decent gear.

AZZA

Snap fitness is one of the 24 hour ones right?

I was under the impression they were allowed minimal free weights (dumbells, oly bars) and more focused on machines/treadmills/bikes/steppers etc?

I rang them tonight and also did some researching, the plate loaded brand is technogym, pure strength, dumbbell maximum is 50kg.

AZZA

isn't there already a 24hr fitness gym in Toowoomba? Jetts??

Thats right, this one is on the opposite side of town. Toowoomba is over supplied with gyms and choice, but no gym i have walked into truly has good equipment whether old or new.

AZZA

All the gyms in Twmba are crap, the only good one was the old world fitness that used to be at cliffos.

Right on, the old world was good, the owners still have world fitness in prescott st. They changed from Calgym to Integrity Raptor. Beachouse/One life has this silver and blue shit, jets and willows has the red and silver shit, oh and willows has some cal gym, its a good mixture. The old Toowoomba Gym is now Raw Muscle, Big Luke owns it, a mixture of old and ex lease stuff its ok,

What Toowoomba lacks is hand picked for a purpose gym items, none of the owners apart from Luke are guys that are hardcore gym nuts. I would dearly love to see some Cybex, Hammer Strength, Hack Squat Machine, none in Toowoomba, etc, no gyms have trap bars or any different bar's, you almost have to supply yourself the gear for weighted dips etc. If i had the mun, i would do what i have always wanted to do and buy some decent gear.

AZZA

Yeah I remember when they moved, I did 1 workout there then told them im cancelling my membership half way through the workout lol.

I am in Dalby and an Anytime Fitness (24/7) opended back in Dec 2010. The place is fitted out with Life Fitness / Hammer Strength equipment. Two power racks, olympic bars, d/bells to 50kgs, quite a few Hammer Strength machines, not a bad place to train.

Have you tried Raw Muscle in Ruthvern St?

I am in Dalby and an Anytime Fitness (24/7) opended back in Dec 2010. The place is fitted out with Life Fitness / Hammer Strength equipment. Two power racks, olympic bars, d/bells to 50kgs, quite a few Hammer Strength machines, not a bad place to train.

Have you tried Raw Muscle in Ruthvern St?

Dalby got Hammer, fark me, this is what we need in toowoomba. Most gyms just look at the business model. Most gyms don't even have staff actively working the floor, One life has a new strength guy, only problem is he is up to his eyeballs in paperwork rather than getting out there and helping members, showing correct form etc.

AZZA

There is someone staffing the facility during office hours, but outside of these hours, it is unsupervisored. Entry to the facility is via an access card.

There are several PTs that work out of the gym.

I trained in on in the US. Most there are small and mostly have Icarian machines. No Hammer Strength tho. Dumbbells to 100lbs (sorry, still using imperial) and about 2000lbs of oly steel. The thing I liked best about the place was that you had access 24/7 without and employees being there. You received a pass card to let you in. I liked it because I could disappear from the big gyms when I was getting ready for a contest. I would consider it a back up gym. Certainly not a place I would train normally. Oh yeah, my membership was free so I might be a bit biased.

Azza, maybe come for a drive to Dalby one Saturday and I can show you the gym and we can train together. It would be great to have a workout with someone as most of the time by myself at 5am.