• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Snap Fitness

*sigh commercial gyms* lol all are the same regardless if how u look at it.. I spent 10 years in so many diff commercial gyms all failed and didn't have the mentality

*sigh commercial gyms* lol all are the same regardless if how u look at it.. I spent 10 years in so many diff commercial gyms all failed and didn't have the mentality
Im with you there. All of my best gains have been at YMCAs and other filthy gyms that mortals dare not enter.
My favorite in the states was one that used to be a 4 bay auto service station.
Stunk like hell and I miss it to this day.

popped my head into snap fitness in hampton. they got 1 oly bar, 1 smith, 1 oly bench.

bunch of plate loaded and pin loaded machines, couple of concept2 rowers, spin bikes and 4 or 5 treadmills.

not bad for around $10 a week... not good if you're looking to powerlift...

I am in Toowoomba and a Snap Fitness franchise is opening soon. My question is has any one been to a snap fitness? And if so what brand of machines/plate loaded weights have they got, cant find out anything on there corporate website apart from "the latest".Why are gyms more interested money than what brand/efficency/effectiveness the weight gear is. Lets discuss.

AZZA

Im moving to a new house and snap fitness is a little walk down the road.

Whats your snap fitness like? Do they have squat rack/oly bar/dumbbells/free weights?

azza do you train at raw muscle since this? Its where I train. Its hardcore and I love it. No hitlist music either. Luke is always more than happy to help which is more than I can say for any other gyms in town. I dare you to ask the receptionist at one life for a spot :-D

strathpine one in brisbane qld has 2 flat bench press setups and i think a incline one but cant remember lol was only there wednesday on free trial. they also have a 2 sided rack of fixed barbells but havent really looked at the weights they go to.

seen a couple of people taking the bar off the bench and bent over rowing it and 1 guy doing deadlifts but light ones. also overhead pressing when a PT is there which ive herd is a big no no in that type of gyms usually and ya get told not to.

1 smith machine. no power racks.

my theory is that in low traffic times ya can do what ya want. but in peak time i dont think theyd want ya doing overhead press in there anywhere and probably wouldnt like ya taking a bar off the bench for deadlifts or anything other than bench pressing