• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Splits

Just wondering if anyone has any advice on how to split up the week so I can squat twice and deadlift once preferably with a few days between

I guess my old phat split of legs,push, pull, rest, legs, upper, rest, would work well enough but not doing phat.

Another other ideas or advice on how to split them?

I'm currently doing legs/push/pull/rest and repeat where I rotate squats and deadlifts on leg day, I just feel like my squat is lacking and want to hit it more to get it going

Why not just squat more and drop deadlifts for a while altogether, or do deads for speed work at lower volume/weight? If your squat is lagging, chances are focusing on bringing that up will also bring your DL up, even with minimal DLing.

Last edited:
Why not just squat more and drop deadlifts for a while altogether, or do deads for speed work at lower volume/weight? If your squat is lagging, chances are focusing on bringing that up will also bring your DL up, even with minimal DLing.

Cause I like deadlifting.. Lol

Yeah I've read often that improving squat will bring up the dead, do you think doing them after squats with lower weight? Or a different day?

squat Monday, dead Wednesday, squat Friday.. Add whatever else you want, mix and repeat?

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk 2

WHY IS THIS HARD
DAY ONE YOU SQUAT
DAY TWO YOU BENCH
THEN YOU DEADLIFT ON DAY 3
DAY 4 YOU BENCH AGAIN
DAY 5 IS YOUR OTHER SQUAT DAY
DAY 6 IS BENCH BECAUSE WE LOVE THE BENCH
YOU GET SUNDAY OFF TO PRAY TO THE GODS OF GAINS

god damn

WHY IS THIS HARD
DAY ONE YOU SQUAT
DAY TWO YOU BENCH
THEN YOU DEADLIFT ON DAY 3
DAY 4 YOU BENCH AGAIN
DAY 5 IS YOUR OTHER SQUAT DAY
DAY 6 IS BENCH BECAUSE WE LOVE THE BENCH
YOU GET SUNDAY OFF TO PRAY TO THE GODS OF GAINS

god damn

I lol'd irl

Do 5x5 on all of them, plus your assistance and tell me in a month that its easy lol.

That kind of template is the bread and butter of my gym.

Didn't mean easy, just that low a days, 3, ONI just posted a 6 day split, I was expecting people to post that..

For the record I don't have time for 6 days

5x5 on deads, I've done 3x5 in the past, time to leave my skirt at home and wear pants?

I would do Sticky's routine if in doubt, had some pretty good numbers coming out of that gym...

I do an upper body focus cause lower body is injury prone:
Mon - Bench and OHP
Tues - Chin and rows
Wed - Squats
Thurs / Fri / Sat - repeat all above.

PPP on everything but Squats (low weight med volume - injury rehab).

Just wondering, does that look ok to you guys?