• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Squats to legg press 100 reps

ALECLYNNE

Hi Guys
I have been reading on the forum about the 20 rep squats , well if you want good strong legs try the 100 rep squat or as i do now 100 rep leg press cos of age 62 , when i first started them i used an empty bar for 25 reps then onto 50 reps then 75 reps gee do you get fit then made the 100 reps , then started again with small plates on bar for 25 reps building up to 100 reps then adding weight as i got stronger you felt like you was walking on a cussion of air with the power in your legs and feel the same today just a older version, this is some thing that was started in the 1940s by a body builder named steve reeves mr world & mr universe , over the years i have tried the 100 reps with different body parts , through this i was able to lift really heavy weights in my younger days 1960s & 70s today i still play with this but very light weight , if any of you guys do try this please give some feed back as these old training methods really work.

ive done 100 reps a few times in squats over the years.. would have to check my early journals but pretty sure I did 100 with 60 and yeh it was killer.

I did 65 with 60 once. That was plenty :D

Fadi did an article about 100 reps and capillaries once. It was a good read.
Posted via Mobile Device

yeh I know markos has had a few clients do 100 reps.. The reason why i did 100 reps was because someone from PTC did it.

At PTC

Nick (NPR).............................. 60kg x 100
Ryan (Brocky)......................... 60kg x 101
Fat Dave (Pregnant porpoise).... 60kg x 120

Back in the day we did them at Tarzan & Jane (circa 1989)

Ivan 60kg x 88
Pete 60kg x 100
Spiros 60kg x 103
Markos 60kg x 107

That was ages ago when we did that. Jovi was still training at PTC so I couldn't have been squatting more than 185kg.

Wonder what I'd get now.

Certainly not game to actually try it again though!

That was ages ago when we did that. Jovi was still training at PTC so I couldn't have been squatting more than 185kg.

Wonder what I'd get now.

Certainly not game to actually try it again though!

But Nick, Spiros has done more than you and I have seen what he is like when he beats you at something.