• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Squatting shoes

0ni

Registered Rustler
I gave the wide stance squatting a good go but I am still far stronger with a medium wide stance.

So I'm going to buy a squat shoe. I don't want an Olympic shoes but something with a slight heel. I was thinking the Titan Safety shoe. I can't find a good place to buy this in Australia though (couldn't find it on the Titan site).

Does anyone know where I can buy this shoe or a shoe very similar to it?

I have fairly small feet so is 3/4" is too big for me?
The Safe shoes have a 2/3" heel which I thought would be better as the Do-wins are more for olympic lifting

Addidas Powertrainer have a 0.6" heel, maybe worth looking into. They suit narrow feet too (moreso than the Do-wins), which I'm guessing may apply to you?

Maybe I don't have and standards to compare myself to define wide or narrow
My feet are slightly flat as well

Dowins are nice.

Also, m$nh will buy anything for you and resell if you ask him.

or there is always liftinglarge.com and try and get a few people to go in on an order to split shipping.

I like my Romaleos.

I squatted with a friends adipowers (the expensive adidas oly shoes) and found them to be solid to. They are narrower than the Nikes.

Edit: I originally went with the Nikes cos I have wider feet

Last edited:
I have narrow feet. Adidas are an excellent fit. I use Ironwork II. No complaints.

Ring or email Minh. He can get the Titan Olympian squat shoes. He used to be able to get them when they were Safe shoes too.

I wear these and they arent narrow at all. Fairly cheap too.

They certainly are in my size (US 9.5-10). My feet are certainly narow (and flat).

I've tried Do-wins (which I own), Addidas Powertrainer (which I own), Addidas Adipower and Nike Romaloes.

Compared to all of those the Addidas Powertrainer are the narrowest and best-fitting by a significant margin.

Last edited:
I am a UK size 9
Do people think that 3/4" heel is too big? I don't have wide feet

Man why the fuck don't they make the heel a set angle instead of a particular size so that it scales to any size? Holy fucking shit

I recently moved from Chucks to Do-Wins and have found them to be really good. They are also sparkly on the strap and the heel. Adds 10kg to your lifts and the shoes look really great in the gym if they catch the light just right.

I was also thinking I'd be able to get my feet back further with a heel when benching

I am a UK size 9
Do people think that 3/4" heel is too big? I don't have wide feet

You just gotta experiment, down to the individual it seems.

Personally, I squat olympic style full depth, and if anything no heel = a bit more poundage, but the movement pattern does change. 3/4" heel I can stay very upright, without heels = it looks a bit like a lowbar squat.

I like an 0.6" heel for oly or overhead work and 3/4" for squatting, staying nice and upright avoids back discomfort (herniated L4/5). Havn't tried 1" heel but will at some point soon.