• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Straps

i have the 50cm THPs, i could barely bend my wrists if i tried as had as i could. so the longer ones would be solid. i will warn that they do take some getting used to, as they do hurt until they soften up a bit lol just got to harden up :p

i also got 24" RPM's, softer then the THP but still give great support

for the 40 bucks id say wither are worth it, and thats for the longest (36") pair (have not used the longest b4 so i cant comment on them, but common sense would tell me that they give better support again over the 50cm and 24")

THP 24" sounds good to me, I'll upgrade to the 36" when I start moving some heavier weights lol. How long did yours take to get delivered? :)

Ruff, straps are definitely for pulling as mentioned. Wraps is probably what you're after.

Straps on the bench would have been interesting to watch ;)

Thanks Minchia :p

haha yeah I thought to myself earlier, I wonder what people were thinking when they saw me using the straps.. Hope I don't show up in the Gym Fail thread

THP 24" sounds good to me, I'll upgrade to the 36" when I start moving some heavier weights lol. How long did yours take to get delivered? :)
minh is my coach so i just got him to bring them to training lol :D
should be about a day :)

Last edited:
Deadlifts tomorrow.. Strap time >_<
be careful using straps... they will kill your grip strength if u use them too much. i would only use them as an overload if your going to be lifting more then what you can hold. like rack pulls etc. :)

be careful using straps... they will kill your grip strength if u use them too much. i would only use them as an overload if your going to be lifting more then what you can hold. like rack pulls etc. :)

But unless your a competing powerlifter grip doesn't really matter.

A strong man has a strong grip...

you dont want to be a weak man do you...

Well most couldn't care less about grip and that's fine. Sayings like that don't really mean anything.

I don't compete but i want to lift my max dead without straps but that's my choice. I use straps on higher rep sets of deads because using hook grip for higher reps is shit.

Use straps, for most back movements (pulling), as my grip would give out way before the larger muscles I'm working. At any rate, for me it is muscle development not grip strength that is noticed.
Question though, any views on whether figure 8 straps better than 'single tail' straps? Never used figure 8's before.