• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Strong Lifts 5 x 5

IMO

Bent BB rows should be a staple to anyone who wants any width and thickness in there back...

Wide grip pull ups/downs use little of the back in comparison. I like to use DB rows to switch it up but...

Don't actually do front wide grip pullups/downs anymore.

I'm sorry but I don't see how lat pulldowns or bb rows are good progressions to pull-ups. Maybe in the case of capn 400lbs it would be way easier to do lat pulldowns instead of chins but I don't see the point in changing the entire routine for 1% of the population who can't do a controlled negative

I can only speak from my own experience, and I was able to progress from lat pulldowns to pullups. I couldn't do a single pullup (or dip for that matter) when I got my power rack. I had one or two sessions of trying negatives for those exercises. It felt weird and a bit like a waste of time, so did pulldowns for a couple of months....one day tried the pullups and was surprised to see I could do a few. Then I moved to doing them 2-3 times a week.

AusBB - No Homo

Well I just don't like rows, I think chins are vastly superior and only got to what rip was saying when I googled around to see what strength coaches thought :p

I can only speak from my own experience, and I was able to progress from lat pulldowns to pullups. I couldn't do a single pullup (or dip for that matter) when I got my power rack. I had one or two sessions of trying negatives for those exercises. It felt weird and a bit like a waste of time, so did pulldowns for a couple of months....one day tried the pullups and was surprised to see I could do a few. Then I moved to doing them 2-3 times a week.

ah that's cool, what kind of lat pulldown was it? Cable or plate loaded?

Cable, the one that Gym Direct hook up to their rack.....MMPR rack I think it's called.

Fuck rows, chins for the wins.

I tried to get a chick to do inverted rows once, because she told me her life goal is to be able to do chins, so I wanted her to work the inverted rows up to real chins. At one point I forgot that I was training a chick and called inverted rows the fatman chinups. She never tried it again.

lol I think rack chins are a decent progression to chins now I think about it
you lift your legs up onto a decline bench or something so the weight of your legs are removed

So Medhi decided to ban all the free users from his forum because some of them have been poisoning the forum. You now have to pay for gold membership which is like 10$ a month. What a **** now I lost my training log which ive had on there for over a year, he could of atleats gave a warning so I could back it up. Also noticed he took down his fanbook page on facebook.

Romie,

You've probably noticed that things have changed quite a lot
during the past year, with the biggest change being the
introduction of the StrongLifts GOLD Membership.

I honestly never wanted to force this GOLD Membership on anyone,
that's where the whole idea came from of offering trainings, coaching
and other special features to Gold Members not available to free
charter Members.

I thought that would make everyone happy.

Turns out I was wrong.

Recently a number of free Members have been poisoning the
forum. Now that, on a personal level, I don't care. But on a
business level: this is not what this place was setup for, and
the Gold Members are definitely not paying to hear
the free ones bitching.

And so because of the excesses of a few, these people have
necessitated me to discontinue all free Memberships. This
means your account has now been disabled because of them.

Maybe you want to get back in, in this case check out the Gold
Membership
to reactive your account.

Maybe that's not just for you - fine, no hard feelings. I wish you
the best with your training and life.

Either way, thanks for your participation in the past.

Sincerely,

Mehdi

Last edited:
Fuck rows, chins for the wins.

I tried to get a chick to do inverted rows once, because she told me her life goal is to be able to do chins, so I wanted her to work the inverted rows up to real chins. At one point I forgot that I was training a chick and called inverted rows the fatman chinups. She never tried it again.

LOL. Did she come back at all? :D

5x5 allow you to do a greater volume of work with higher weight than you would with 3x10 2x15 etc. allows you to target fast twitch fibers almost exclusively. whereas anything above 5x5 would get into your slow twitch increasing fatigue and adaption time. but adaption would obviously be greater IF you could do the same weight 3x10 ...but then recovery and adaption / growth would take longer.

summary from my fleck / kraemer book thing

5x5 allow you to do a greater volume of work with higher weight than you would with 3x10 2x15 etc. allows you to target fast twitch fibers almost exclusively. whereas anything above 5x5 would get into your slow twitch increasing fatigue and adaption time. but adaption would obviously be greater IF you could do the same weight 3x10 ...but then recovery and adaption / growth would take longer.

summary from my fleck / kraemer book thing

What about 10x3, that's even more volume at a higher weight

Romie,

I’m another one that got raped by Mehdi's 'Business Strategy'. He took the facebook page down due to there being 'Bullying' and now he takes the site down and kicks us out because not everyone wants to pay just to write down there training log... Seems like a massive double standard to me.

Looking back though l think it was always heading in this direction, he always spilled to people who weren’t members of the forum how good it is once you pay to join the forum. Would have been nice as you said if he gave us warning to copy/paste our training log so we didn't lose it all

Having said that he is now currently making more money from the signups then i would in about 3 months.

Last edited:
Varies depending on exercise and individual trainee.

Remember there is no "Westside program". It's a basic template that you can interpret in what way you see fit.