• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

struggle to eat enough

Fk I wish I had that problem, I look at food and gain weight, but I love it so much.
I can eat at any time of the day, night or other. Hungry or not I can throw food down my neck.
I think I am missing that trigger that sends the signal to the brain that you're full, so I married one.

Agreed, this is a thinly veiled brag thread.

wtf? ok then, way to make a completely unfounded statement. what am i braggin about, i dont see this as a good thing. i am no where near my goal weight and have been struggling for a year this time to get anywhere. i dont see anything to be proud of here.

i started at 60-65 kg full ectomorph about 2.5 years ago, i gained 15kg to around 80kg in the first year but now cant get past 80.

i know i need to eat more but but just cant stomach it. i literally feel like vomitting after most meals.

thanks for the suggestion from everyone else, what are some more calorie dense foods, i try to keep my eating as clean as possible. and i stay away from peanut butter as my girlfriend is allergic to peanuts so i dont have any either just for safety.
olive oil is a good suggestion, i might start adding that to my protein shakes

i envy you people that can put away huge amounts of food.

in regards to training i train 5 days a week, running 5/3/1 BBB at the moment.

If I eat tiny meals and feel hungry all the time, maybe if im lucky ill get down to 80kg.

If you are really being serious here, forget about protein shakes, they are a means of getting extra protein in a relatively low calorie form. What you need to do is stop eating chicken breast and broccoli and start eating double cheesburgers. Finish every meal with the dessert of your choice, such as a pepperoni pizza.

Seriously it can't be that hard.

Breakfast have bacon eggs, sausage toast, hot chocolate

Snack mass gainer shake with Slice of banana bread

Lunch, Chinese smorgasboard all you can eat, keep eating till your eyes bulge and your back hurts, then hit desert bar.

Snack mass gain shake

Dinner: large family sized meat lovers pizza, eat till your eyes bulge and back hurts.

Snack one liter of your favourite ice ceam

Before bed mass gain shake

Have about two liters of milk throughout the day in 200 mil servings between meals and snacks.

Surly that would put on weight:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Snack mass gained shake with Slice of banana bread

Lunch, Chinese smorgasboard all you can eat, keep eating till your eyes bulge and your back hurts, then hit desert bar.

Snack mass gain shake

Dinner: large family sized meat lovers pizza, eat till your eyes bulge and back hurts.

Have about two liters of milk throughout the day in 200 mil servings between meals and snacks.

That's my cutting diet.......:mad:

Snack mass gainer shake with Slice of banana bread

Snack mass gain shake

fek me im trying to build muscle not die... lol. but like i said it easy to say just eat this this and this its not that hard. but when you are about to throw up how do you keep eating? hence why i was asking if there is anything to enhance appetite/hunger or food which dont fill you up but have good calorie content

fek me im trying to build muscle not die... lol. but like i said it easy to say just eat this this and this its not that hard. but when you are about to throw up how do you keep eating? hence why i was asking if there is anything to enhance appetite/hunger or food which dont fill you up but have good calorie content

There are plenty of tricks to get more calories in.

1 eat food that tastes good.

2 liquid calories don't tend to fill you up much. Full cream milk shakes add olive oil, choc topping.

3 add olive oil to everything. Shakes, veggies all your cooking.

4 if you get full easily eat a heap of small meals through the day. From the second you wake up till you go to bed.

5 a trick I heard and it seemed to work, when you feel overly full chew some gum and it makes it go away.

6 eat a dessert after every meal. Like silverback said, you always seem to be able to fit dessert in.

But seriously just eat.

So what do you actually eat??

If you are having trouble getting the cals in when eating you need to eat more calory dense foods and fattier foods, steak with the fat on cooked in olive oil, bacon and eggs, sausages, foods which are higher in protein but also higher in fats.

bulking shakes are a great and easy way to consumer higher cals, add 30ml or almond oil or macadania oil thats 270cals right there, plus milk, banana, protein powder and some chocolate topping you will 800 - 1000 cals right there...

Increasing the fats in your diet is the easiest was to add cals to your day.

I would like to know what you're eating?
My tricks are along the lines if everyone else...

Eat almonds, they never fill me up and are very calorie dense.
Olive oil on all your veggies (if you're eating them)
Mayonnaise on everything
Drink milk with all your meals.
Choose the fattiest cuts of meat, go scotch fillet, pork rashers, chicken thighs, lamb chops.
Add coconut milk to things
Have salty snacks, makes you thirsty for milk
Have chocolate, ice cream and other desserts, every day

Enjoy, you lucky bastard :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

forget all that.

whatever you're eating now is fine.
just add 500ml full cream milk as the liquid to wash that meal down.

Problem solved.

Start drinking your food. I wouldn't recommend adding 500ml full cream milk unless you're 100% certain dairy is for you. If it is, then see above :p

When I 1st started training I used to have 2 of these sort of shakes aday -

- a few scoops of high carb protein
- fruit/bananas are good
- choc sauce
- Peanut butter
- milk
- honey
- oats
- almond oil

+ a Litre of full fat milk before bed

Then my normal food - oats, steak, sweet potato, potatos etc

Add some shit in there but even eating "good" food or at least semi good food you should be able to hit the 5000 cal mark easy.

Also the big one to make you eat more - Train harder

Last edited:
All good suggestions.

I'd add: eat bigger meals (more volume) and your stomach will get used to big meals and then you can fill it up with more calorically dense big meals.

I eat a similar amount of cals to you in 2 meals (no liquids) so it's definitely possible.

I just consumed 3000 cals for breakfast....easily. I feel like I could eat much more, but today is cheat day, not 'eat like a fatass' day ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free