• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

struggle to eat enough

Bazza started it when he was all like
"WHEN HAVE YOU EVER SUCCESSFULLY CUT" blah blah
well there you go

Oni said

'A typical carb backloading post workout meal would be 500g of sugar and this is again bad for these reasons. All I am saying is to go easy on combining the carbs and the fats not that you should totally avoid it. You guys are very all-or-nothing'.

Sorry oni, I don't think anyone with reasonable knowledge would advocate 500g of sugar in one post workout meal.

I am with chocchillimango on this. A lot of it is just common sense, albeit there will be many variations on how people successfully diet or seek to put on weight/muscle.

BTW Oni, what is your weight now, you look like you have put on a lot of weight.

Oni said

'A typical carb backloading post workout meal would be 500g of sugar and this is again bad for these reasons. All I am saying is to go easy on combining the carbs and the fats not that you should totally avoid it. You guys are very all-or-nothing'.

Sorry oni, I don't think anyone with reasonable knowledge would advocate 500g of sugar in one post workout meal.

I am with chocchillimango on this. A lot of it is just common sense, albeit there will be many variations on how people successfully diet or seek to put on weight/muscle.

BTW Oni, what is your weight now, you look like you have put on a lot of weight.

Have you read CBL Book? He says exactly this and more in some cases...crazy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

to me, logic tells you it does not make sense and that some of Oni's points are right.

Carbs do spike insulin, and having already done your workout, why would you want so much energy (through sugar) which cannot be used quickly.
your body can only store so much glycogen in any case.

I realise there are many new theories, just like the social sciences and sciences, but some things seem more silly.

Now if people are interfering with extra hormones were they need 10,000-12,000 calories a day, then I know little and will admit I am out of my league.

But for a normal person, common sense can go a long way when interpreting basic nutritional knowledge.

Yeah he says that in CBL lol
I am fed up with this forum now, I just can't be fucked with it.

Show us all how "just doing whatever" is working out for you then bazza
I want to see how lean you are. Below 20% yet?

I'm eating less than ever yet still getting bigger as I grow leaner. Must be just the calories lol, nothing to do with timing or macros at all

QQDWzZc.jpg

Mate I don't think I have ever been above 20%.

Posted photos on here from a year or two ago you are welcome to find. Ill post more when I finish this cut in a month or two.

Have you read CBL Book? He says exactly this and more in some cases...crazy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I did the prep phase and dropped around 5.5kg (I'd say due to the big reduction in calories)... That put me at something like 950g carbs in a backload according to the book. FUCK THAT. I don't think I could down nearly a kilo of carbs in a night if I tried lol

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

The way carb back loading is set up, is good for fat loss. It's mainly the reasons behind what Kiefer says I have the problems with.

If he called it "Carb back loading, it will keep you full and help you lose fat" then I wouldn't have a problem with it. But the whole manipulating insulin and GH thing, lol nope. Eat loads of carbs at night your insulin will still be high in the morning so the GH shit he talks about is bullshit. But I agree with his solution. And I would never eat high carbs with high fat on the regular. Twice a week if trying to gain muscular weight. Things like stews would be good but sugars in combination with starches and then fats (especially the polyunsaturates) is a great way to get fat.

Carb back loading is pretty much what women do through uni lol. Starve themselves all day, exercise then binge on comfort foods haha. It works but not because of what Kiefer says

Nutrient timing has its benefits for sure. Especially having high aminos around training time. Increasing insulin sensitivity is always a good thing. Nutrient Timing by Ivy explains it all very well so read that if you want to learn more. Natural Hormonal Enhancement by Rob Faigin also.

hey guys,
i currently weigh in at 78 odd kg @ 6ft, have just made it to 81kg before but after a loss in the family i dropped weight rapidly from not eating properly ended up at 76kg, now im trying to work my way back up. aiming for 85-90kg.

my problem is i struggle to eat enough food, i currently put away between 3000-3500cal per day and maintain my weight. and if i push much more than that i feel bloated as shit and like im about to vomit.

is there anything i can do/take to increase my appetite?

It's time for some lateral thinking, thinking outside the box. You can try all that has been suggested to you so far, in addition to looking deeper to solve your issue.

What issue? Your fast metabolism issue, that's what. You need to apply the brakes just enough for your body to begin to conserve some of the energy you're pouring into it. A V8 HSV GTS sitting idling on the red light is gonna be sucking in more petrol (calories) than a 4 cylinder Toyota Yaris doing the same thing.

If you have some extra activities that you do outside of building muscles, then I'd suggest cutting back slightly on them. One hour cut back on (say) basketball , or whatever it is that you do outside of bodybuilding would make a tremendous difference in the way your metabolism functions. Compare it with bringing the engine idling down by few hundred revs a minute on that V8. Sure you may not notice it immediately, however every little bit adds up to the totality of what you're doing to increase your (mainly) solid bodyweight.

All the best.

Fadi.

On the flip side of that, I always found exercising more made me progressively hungrier in turn allowing me to eat more and getting blood flow into areas more often increasing nutrient uptake

On the flip side of that, I always found exercising more made me progressively hungrier in turn allowing me to eat more and getting blood flow into areas more often increasing nutrient uptake
There's no disputing that the more calories you expand in the way of exercising (more), the more demand for caloric intake your body would be seeking, hence the increased hunger. But now we find ourselves back at square one. Been there done that with huge calorie consumption. My only hope was to slow it down a bit.

The overweight majority are so, due to lack of exercise and general inactivity rather than an extravagant consumption of calories (based on their bodyweight). Again, we need to examine their behaviour and adjust the speed of their metabolism (by adding a structured exercise program and some extracurricular activities ) in order to burn those excess poundages they're carrying about their bodies.

Fadi.

I think the key is trying lots of different things, from frequency to macros to activity to timing until you find your sweet spot

If anyone is on any car forums, they will understand when I say that Oni might be RogerCordia

Roger learnt to read? :D

I think the key is trying lots of different things, from frequency to macros to activity to timing until you find your sweet spot
but then you go and say everyone else is wrong?

with hormones and AAS you can probably do whatever and it'll still work :p

Last edited: