• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Sydney Powerlifting Comp

PTC

Pete Upham at Shire Speed and Strength will be having a powerlifting comp. Here is Pete's post on the CAPO website.

Well the date is set for Sunday October 3rd. I have spoken to Paul and this first time around it will be an unsanctioned event. My plan is to use this event to reach out to lifters in the local area and city who may then think about becoming CAPO oriented. There will be a lot of first time lifters at this event.

Early next year I think I'll be ready to have a CAPO comp

Here is your chance to do some RAW lifting in Sydney, get behind Pete and support this comp.

Frank Manning has played a big role in this, thank you Frank.

Damn, I think I'll be in Sydney the weekend after. I'll tell my mates in the area.
Top work frank, CAPO should be very thankful that they have such a committed member.
Posted via Mobile Device

Assuming my hand is better by then I will definitely be keen for the comp. Even if I have to through up a token bench so I can squat and pull.

Yes its true.

We will be hosting an inaugural Powerlifting comp on Sunday October 3rd.

This is an unsanctioned comp and will hopefully serve as a great initiative for powerlifting in my area to develop.

The competition is open to equipped and raw competitors, single lifters and push-pullers, men, women, masters, teens, everyone. Many lifters will be novices and from this I hope to push a following for CAPO in Sydney.

There will be more details after the CAPO Nationals are run but until then you can at least reserve the date and time your programming.

Weigh in will be from 8.30am.

We had a little trouble with judges for it but we're ok now.

$20 entry, I can confirm that it is unsanctioned and will be under WPC rules.

All you Sydneysiders complaining about no raw in Sydney, here you go, looking for some nice numbers

Assuming my hand is better by then I will definitely be keen for the comp. Even if I have to through up a token bench so I can squat and pull.

John its Simon, if you enter I will too mate. Canberra represent :D

Have to get my shit together

Weigh in from 8.30am, gym will probably be open from 8am.

Shire Speed and Strength is at 84 Captain Cook Drive, Caringbah.

The comp is an unsanctioned Powerlifting meet under WPC rules. Equipped and Raw, all comers encouraged. Right now there is about 14 lifters involved and I think all but 2 are going to be first time competitors. The more experienced lifters the better, I'd like to have the first time lifters with some others to emulate and learn from. I'd be surprised if many lifters go over 650kg raw.

The purpose of the comp is to give some new lifters some experience and try to develop the sport locally.

Cost is $20.

Questions?

We had a lot of fun here today, i thought I would post the results.

I was pretty happy with the turn out considering how many gym lifters are in season with their sport right now. All lifters competed Raw under WPC rules.

LIFTER--- BODY WEIGHT-- SQUAT-- BENCH-- DEADLIFT-- TOTAL-- WILKS

Lauren Chandler 75kg 70kg 50kg 100kg 220kg 209 Open

Daniel Crowley 72kg 90kg 70kg 135kg 295kg 216 Teen

Lucie Thompson 69kg 100kg 70kg 130kg 300kg 301 Open

Sean Muir 96kg 120kg 90kg 150kg 365kg 225 Teen

Jake Phillips 80.5kg 140kg 100kg 160kg 400kg 272 Teen

Joel Ryan 94.5kg 130kg 90kg 190kg 410kg 255 Open

Matt Lynch 79kg 160kg 100kg 210kg 470kg 323 Open

Alex Richardson 91.5kg 165kg 115kg 210kg 490kg 310 Open

Harry Finn 84.5kg 160kg 115kg 225kg 500kg 330 Junior

Jason Pele 116.5kg 227.5kg 155kg 210kg 597.5kg 345 Open

Peter Weatherall 108kg 210kg 165kg 240kg 615kg 364 Masters

Geoff Hopkins 111kg 215kg 140kg 260kg 615kg 361 Junior

Blake Muir 128kg 227.5kg 152.5kg 265kg 645kg 366 Teen

George McLaren 160kg 320kg 185kg 350kg 855kg 468 Open

Liam Berry na -- 100kg -- Junior

A couple of nice highlights, absolutely George McLaren's 350kg deadlift Raw was something to behold. George is a strongman who if you can believe it has never actually competed in a Powerlifting meet before. In a short amount of time its possible he will be the deadlift king of Australia, to say nothing of his potential in the total as well.

Very, very impressive numbers Pete.

Some seriously strong boys, great numbers from a Novice comp.

14 lifters is a great turnout, this will only get bigger.

here's the 350kg. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Na0t37gC7-I"]YouTube - George McLaren deadlifting 350kg[/ame]

it was great, I had a fantastic day. thanks to Peter for setting it up. i personally had a great day totaling 500kg, 5 pbs. looking forward to next comp whenever that will be. ill put my lift vids in my journal.