• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

the art of bodybuilding?

no, good points.

the main point I am thinking is how you focus on a muscle throughout a given exercise.

For example, gary lewer, my age old reference, would tell me he that he did train at times on both 2 or 3 plates squats, but felt he could really activate his quads more on the lighter weight.

This is what I am getting at when I train at lower percentage. You can really activate muscles more that you want to train. Hence, when you finish two different sets with the sae weight, you can feel entirely different in terms of the pump you get.

I hope I am making sense. I use Lewer as my prime example as someone who did achieve excellent results in bb.

no, good points.

the main point I am thinking is how you focus on a muscle throughout a given exercise.

For example, gary lewer, my age old reference, would tell me he that he did train at times on both 2 or 3 plates squats, but felt he could really activate his quads more on the lighter weight.

This is what I am getting at when I train at lower percentage. You can really activate muscles more that you want to train. Hence, when you finish two different sets with the sae weight, you can feel entirely different in terms of the pump you get.

I hope I am making sense. I use Lewer as my prime example as someone who did achieve excellent results in bb.

FWIW sparto, when I use a lighter weight squatting I can do more rep's, spending more time under the bar really fatigues the quads in a good way.
the fast and slow twitch fibres get a good opportunity to fire, doing high and low rep workouts.

I have just contacted gary lewer on his facebook page to ask him to join forum. Hopefully he will have a look at site.

FWIW sparto, when I use a lighter weight squatting I can do more rep's, spending more time under the bar really fatigues the quads in a good way.
the fast and slow twitch fibres get a good opportunity to fire, doing high and low rep workouts.

yes, this is often a recommended way to weight train; vary the reps to get best of both worlds.

I have just contacted gary lewer on his facebook page to ask him to join forum. Hopefully he will have a look at site.

Good stuff Spartacus. He was my hero back in the late 80s, coz he was Aussie and kicking arse!

When people talk about focusing on a muscle or mind muscle connection, they're talking about time under tension, getting a full contraction of the muscle, and a full stretch. Things not important when power lifting.

When people talk about focusing on a muscle or mind muscle connection, they're talking about time under tension, getting a full contraction of the muscle, and a full stretch. Things not important when power lifting.

No, but doing what you suggest from time to time would make them better at it

just because you have focus and intensity doesn't always mean you have the connection.

its a mind muscle connection. which will only happen through reps, visualisation, sleep and building neurological pathways allowing you to tap into that connection.

just because you have focus and intensity doesn't always mean you have the connection.

its a mind muscle connection. which will only happen through reps, visualisation, sleep and building neurological pathways allowing you to tap into that connection.

Agreed.

Bodybuilding is much more than massive men and women standing in front of a crowd flexing and posing. The human body is perhaps one of the most impressive and difficult to modify structures found in nature. It is much simpler to grab a brush and canvas and create a portrait of a landscape or an animal than bodybuild.