• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

The Many Faces of Push Ups

That second video with the medicine balls, really?
I can't see the point of doing any exercise on an unstable base and deliberately increasing the risk of injury

Love pushups. Favourite is the strict military pushup for me too.

But, I love doing decline pushups with feet in TRX cables or up on a wall too.
Also tricep pushups which are way hard!

Working my way up to one arm pushups, if my stupid left shoulder would play nice.

Currently doing the 100 pushup challenge ... if you're interested in getting better at them, this actually works.
I'm on week 6 and totally over it, but might as well finish it and see how I go. :p
Link: one hundred push ups

When I first started resistance training I did push ups a lot, progressing to feet up on the bed.....but once I bought proper equipment I never went back to them.

Dips are the new pushups, for me. :)

But I used to "like" (okay, not really) triangle pushups and clap pushups, as well as the one-armed wonders, and the "as few fingers as possible" approach :D.

I want to be able to do handstand pushups, just for show off ability, lol. First I'm just working on getting my reps up of normal push ups - I can only do ten!

Have a go at these, I just tried it, forget about it!....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpH0Ymiri8g"]HARDEST PUSHUP IN THE WORLD - YouTube[/ame]

Oh and I suck at tricep pushups... I don't know what I'm doing wrong...

YOu may not be doing anything wrong. They are way hard! Practice, practice, practice. But if you think your form is wrong, get someone to check when you do them.

Plus, if you want to improve your strength and pushup reps, do the pushup challenge. It really does help you improve!!
link: one hundred push ups

Not being rude or anything but its a push up...who cares....yes I will include them in my workouts sometimes (maybe do them every few months if I think about it) but really there are ALOT better exercises to be putting your engery towards...

Also wouldnt this belong in the 'General Fitness Section'....not really bodybuilding related as such...

Not being rude or anything but its a push up...who cares....yes I will include them in my workouts sometimes (maybe do them every few months if I think about it) but really there are ALOT better exercises to be putting your engery towards...

Also wouldnt this belong in the 'General Fitness Section'....not really bodybuilding related as such...

Agree, its a push up. Let's not get too excited.