• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

The Truth About Bodybuilding Genetics

Well done, on taking a quote about natural selection and using that to falsely believe that bodybuilding is what the reference was to here. This is almost like Bible thumpers using quotes from the Bible to prove that we will all end up in hell.

The natural selection theory is to do with a much bigger view of things for the species as a whole, it has absolutely nothing to do with the mindset one has for bodybuilding. The desirable traits is in reference to survival mechanisms and adaptations that an organism will develop to...survive.

If this applied so much to bodybuilding as you claim it to be, then this would be the first thing everybody would be seeing and reading about. Just before gym class, and every P.T session, everyone would be having a lesson on natural selection, ever wonder why we don't?

Natural selection is not an argument for "I can't become a champion bodybuilder because my genetics don't allow me to" - it's more like a pitiful misguided excuse to use the sciences in an inappropriate manner without having even studied it (you obviously haven't since you decided to quote something without even explaining it yourself)

Please enlighten me on why every single human being on this planet has the capability and genetics to become a world class bodybuilder.

Please enlighten me on why every single human being on this planet has the capability and genetics to become a world class bodybuilder.

I will if you show me where I said this statement.

I'm afraid you've misinterpreted a lot of what I've said. Not every single human being can become a world class bodybuilder, and I never said they could. My statements are largely dealing with human beings capable of doing so. You and I are capable because we are fit (I'm assuming you are), we are only restricted because we cannot lift a certain weight yet, or cannot do a certain amount of repetitions yet. There are humans completely incapable of doing any of this, such as the elderly for obvious reasons and certain handicapped.

Genetics are an obstacle, it is not a stop sign.

Everyone has the capability, but not everyone will make it, people get injured with injuries bad enough to actually stop them completely, people die, but the worst bit is people DROP OUT because it gets too difficult eventually (too difficult is a mindset). If Jill Mills was stuck at bench pressing 60kg for a year and now benching over 200kg, I'm sure we both can not blame bad genetics and stick to 150kg benching for a year even if we don't make any increases in that year. You aren't going to know unless you keep pushing and perservering.

Anyways...I think this little debate has gone on long enough, I think every point that's worth discussing mentioned and now we'll soon be moving to discuss how the Cuban missile crisis impacted bodybuilding no doubt.

Cheers

Last edited:
To be honest mate, you can't seem to stick to the point in a topic without talking about penises and manly characteristics, I question your ability to stick to something with a 100% mindset without getting distracted by the black man working out next to you.

OK, all jokes aside - what is this "therapy" you speak of?

I'm well aware of Darwin and natural selection. I'm also going to lean to the side that tells me that you're probably not well aware of natural selection and Darwin's theories since that theory is wholly irrelevant in this discussion regarding bodybuilding and having a proper MINDSET.

umad?

You obviously don't agree with this statement.

So, prove it wrong then...

I have no intention of being a champion bodybuilder, I'm on these forums to get some useful tips for myself, and I was intrigued by this topic.

I don't "bodybuild".

I sure as hell am not going to attempt a challenge that I do not even want in the first place, I would be contradicting my very own statements about mindset if I did wouldn't I? You've got to want it, if you sleep, dream and eat and shit think about being the bodybuilding champ, then you've got a drive to get there.

I do no such thing, I don't plan to do such a thing, I've got other goals in mind...:cool:

saying that 'natural selection' plays a role in an activity such as bodybuiding is wrong. Very wrong. I wont indulge in discussion, since it's so silly it's not worth it.

this thread is no longer worth reading.

saying that 'natural selection' plays a role in an activity such as bodybuiding is wrong. Very wrong. I wont indulge in discussion, since it's so silly it's not worth it.

this thread is no longer worth reading.

Thats a bit of an unguided statement.. The alphamale would of been able to survive in the world longer then the beta.

No fear, better hormone Profile, faster , stronger... Naturally in today's society that person would excel in sports over the Xbox geek.

Thats a bit of an unguided statement.. The alphamale would of been able to survive in the world longer then the beta.

No fear, better hormone Profile, faster , stronger... Naturally in today's society that person would excel in sports over the Xbox geek.

This is the point i was trying to make. Thankyou n00bs!!!!

Compare bodybuilders from 50-60 years ago to today. Keep it fair natural vs natural, and today's have much better physiques.

This is the point i was trying to make. Thankyou n00bs!!!!

Compare bodybuilders from 50-60 years ago to today. Keep it fair natural vs natural, and today's have much better physiques.

Almost NO evolution has happened over the last 60 years. That's one, maybe two generations. The only thing that's changed has nutrition, fashion and supplementation. Even with natural's. Evolution takes a lot longer than 60 years. More like millions of years.

Creatine was first supplemented in 1992. Wait! That's 50 years before 1952. Also training methodologies has improved since Vince Gironda was on the scene.

VinceGironda-thumb.jpg

Lawyered.

Last edited:
I will never be 90kg ripped natural no matter what I have come to terms with that. I don't live I the dream world..

Since most people here are guaranteed to be losers from the beginning because they don't want to win, hopefully there are a few here that still believe they can achieve what they want to. Luckily the internet is not flooded completely with prophets of doom:

Overcoming A Negative Mindset in Bodybuilding

A good book I recommend for what you can achieve with a proper mindset in terms of human physical performance is Keith Fennell's Warrior Training book.

In the end, attempting to be the best is better than not attempting at all because you have bad genetics. Might as well start and get somewhere rather than get nowhere at all.

you should read a book called 'the secret', bet it'd be right up your alley.

with wishful thinking, you too can be 100kg ripped with just the power of positive thinking!

I question your ability to stick to something with a 100% mindset without getting distracted by the black man working out next to you.

That was pretty funny.

Everyone appears to be arguing for the same thing, just in their own little way. Others don't understand that way and think it's something different.

This is entertaining.

Gents,

This was a fascinating thread!

Very good 'discussions' in my opinion. Here's my
2cents.

Every person on this earth will have an upper limit of
how far one can develop their body (which will equal
'genetic potential' I believe). After that you will just
have to use other means to keep growing/developing.

However most will never know this limit as they will not
want to commit to this - for whatever reason; I know I
don't intend to push myself that far.

All in all my belief is that both the 'genetic potential' of a
human being and their 'belief' in achieving a goal will both
meet at one point.

Thanks
Devante.

genetic potential? or is it Mental potential. i think most people would cop out mentally before there genetic potential is reached, id fall into that category.

genetic potential? or is it Mental potential. i think most people would cop out mentally before there genetic potential is reached, id fall into that category.

Both are aspects of genetics.

Training wisdom always comes at a high price. Some learn from others experience, some learn from their own experience, some never learn at all.

For too many, they focus on the destination rather than the journey. Turning their path into a toll road with a fee that hurts them more each day.

Sadly, those that follow that path never really reach their initial goal.

You just got to do your best.