• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

The "Truth" About Post-Workout Nutrition

Brocky

This was taken from Chad Waterbury's blog.

I'm not necessarily advocating what is written, but I think it's good to keep an open mind and question the way we do things from time to time. I'll let other people give their thoughts if they want to.

The Truth About Post-Workout Nutrition | Chad Waterbury | Workouts To Get Ripped, Ab Exercises For Men, Weight Training For Women

'If your goal is to burn fat and build muscle, you must take advantage of the post-exercise window of opportunity. Avoid feeding for 30-60 minutes after training'

and,

'The first feeding should be immediately after exercise from 40-60 grams of quality whey. This is for people who aren’t worried about burning fat – they need to feed their muscle with fast assimilating proteins to stop the catabolic process'

seem to be conflicting statements to me.

'Three scoops of Warrior Whey is ideal at this time' - Nice product placement!

Why is it conflicting?

First statement is for those wanting to burn fat.
Second staement is for those who aren't concerned about burning fat.

It would make no diff if your trying to burn fat or put on size....just have your protein shake or meal after training...simple...not rocket science

Why is it conflicting?

First statement is for those wanting to burn fat.
Second staement is for those who aren't concerned about burning fat.

Cos the first statement says avoid feeding in the first 60 minutes to burn fat and build muscle, the second statement says I must feed immediately to stop the catabolic process. So which one to go for to keep my muscles lol?

Chad Waterbury is a faggot and I made him cry irl on monkey island

Having carbs after training or not depending on fat loss or muscle gaining goal is full of shit. It can be looked at in exactly the same way as having carbs at night or not.

It all comes back to the energy balance (in V out) and meeting the require macros to support body composition and training performance requirements.

Plan and simple.

So that means it is OK to eat immediately after weight training or cardio? Doesnt the increase of insulin levels by eating carbs will shut down the body’s growth hormone production and also it diverts blood away from the muscles, where it is removing metabolic waste products, too soon? Also taking into account the fat burn 'window' which I am now not so convincved about ever since reading up on your articles..

lol....its really not diffcult to put on size and strength....as I said its not rocket science...the above comment is just going into to much detail....

TRAIN > EAT > SLEEP > GROW....it really is that simple....fuck things about fat burning windows, growth hormone production being shut down, etc etc etc....

lol

hmmm I agree ... but damn I find the eating enough kcals the hardest part. Damned genetic appetite suppressent kicks in

i have to watch over eating lol

please donate some of that ability ... so freaking hard putting on LBM when it's hard to eat enough. LOL no wonder I don't bother with the girlie fitness mags ... fat loss is so easy by comparison.

hmmm I agree ... but damn I find the eating enough kcals the hardest part. Damned genetic appetite suppressent kicks in

I never understood this? Especially for women with much lower TDEE's. If you know you need to eat to grow, doesn't matter what you're body "thinks", just eat! PB, almonds, pop tarts, ice cream, other calorie dense foods...just get into em!

I never understood this? Especially for women with much lower TDEE's. If you know you need to eat to grow, doesn't matter what you're body "thinks", just eat! PB, almonds, pop tarts, ice cream, other calorie dense foods...just get into em!

Yeah I never get this either. Find calorie dense foods and you can hit your calorie intake in a couple mouth fulls.

this is essentially what I do ... I'm a healthy eater by nature though and I do have fructose intolerance so have to rely on nuts and fats mostly.
I'm not complaining ... but some days I actually find myself gagging by the time I'm done :-/

So whats the go for people that are bulking? post workout. Protein shake then 30 minutes later some carbs and more protein?

So the whole eating high gi foods after workout is bullshit, so i should eat low gi food instead? What if i still continue to eat high gi foods after workout... is it a bad thing?