• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Thin plates

McKwl

Overloaded Member
Any idea where I could buy some really thin oly plates?

They'd be for a pair of dumbbell handles I have lying around. Just want to be able to load them up as much as possible.

I was going to suggest the Ironedge 5kg metal plates that I have but doesn't look like
they sell them any more

Tad rxcessive for db's might as well buy a full rack of dumbells for the price of those.

Tad rxcessive for db's might as well buy a full rack of dumbells for the price of those.

Agree I can't remember what I paid per kg for my ivankos but it wasn't that bad in the end.

Best bet is to by a pair of the longer standard spin lock handles for around $40 and you can fit 60kg of normal hammertone 5s on there.

What's a tad rxessive numbnuts?

Me know understand your statement.

Buying machined plates for dirty old dumbells. It'd be $10/kg vs 2-3/kg for thin cast chinese plates that are for sale everywhere.

Its like buy $3k mag wheels for your 1998 daewoo lanos, a tad excessive! Comprehend you old warhorse.

Buying machined plates for dirty old dumbells. It'd be $10/kg vs 2-3/kg for thin cast chinese plates that are for sale everywhere.

Its like buy $3k mag wheels for your 1998 daewoo lanos, a tad excessive! Comprehend you old warhorse.

Dirty old dumb-bells?

The numpty asked for thin plates, I said die-cast plates would be no good, better off with machined plates Like. Ivankos. Because solid steel wood bee thinna than di carst

If one is clever one could search eBay.

At the end of the day I couldn't give a shit what is bought.

I said "like" ivanko, not die-cast, I did not say buy ivanko, I said die-cast will be like you, thicker! Nothing more nothing less. LOL

Cheapy tri grip die cast hammertone 5's are around 10mm & alloy not steel, I've seen em broken in two.

Thats cheaper and thinner then you are likely to find machined plates for. Whats a matter goosey you missing your girlfriend darko? Cheer up bro you don't wanna get your blood pressure all worked up.

they'd be cheap cast iron/steel, not aluminium. (sure they are diecase and not sandcast on a continuous casting line?)
aluminium would have to be nearly 3x the volume for the same mass.

send me a broken bit and i'll tell you what it's made of ;)

ps, 10mm is very thin

I defer to you undoubtedly you are correct. They were grainer then any steel I'd ever seen broken and had a really bright look in the fracture like gal-mal looks when it splits I assumed some sort of alloy, but I'm probably wrong.

Casting impurities maybe? Made from the shit everyone else rejected?

Cheapy tri grip die cast hammertone 5's are around 10mm & alloy not steel, I've seen em broken in two.

Thats cheaper and thinner then you are likely to find machined plates for. Whats a matter goosey you missing your girlfriend darko? Cheer up bro you don't wanna get your blood pressure all worked up.

I do miss him.

But that's not the issue here, lol

I do miss him.

But that's not the issue here, lol

Me too. I like to think him and wingman moved in together and entered into a defacto relationship. Wingman would undoubtedly be the woman.

I'll chat nautilus and reps if it'll cheer you up.

Me too. I like to think him and wingman moved in together and entered into a defacto relationship. Wingman would undoubtedly be the woman.

I'll chat nautilus and reps if it'll cheer you up.

What is with all this unhappy negative shit brickyard?

Its all good, Be happy man.

If you want to talk Nautilus, it's all good, fire away.