• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Thin plates

sounds abotu right.
minimum thickness would be 20.4mm for 25kg, 450 diameter

if you're keen...
Radius^2 = 2.5^2 + (WEIGHT / (7.8*Pi*thickness) )

or change 2.5 or say 2.55 for a 51mm hole

Yeah one side is flat and the other side has a slight rim and some indentations.

I have both Ivanko and Hart plates at PTC.

The Hart 5kg ones are almost the same thickness, but cheaper. Buy those.

Beware, Hart allow 10% tolerance, so you WILL be getting heavier plates. I had to almost exchange every plate I bought to get them to weigh the same.
All my 20's are 21kg, some I got were 24.5kg lol

I have both Ivanko and Hart plates at PTC.

The Hart 5kg ones are almost the same thickness, but cheaper. Buy those.

Beware, Hart allow 10% tolerance, so you WILL be getting heavier plates. I had to almost exchange every plate I bought to get them to weigh the same.
All my 20's are 21kg, some I got were 24.5kg lol

Does that mean i can change my bench on the top 20 to 178.5?

No.

No.

Wait, I will let you, but you will be forever nicknamed Olsen.

Last edited:
THanks guys, will check out some of those options. Probably go with something like the Harts. Take my chances...