• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

This is why you buy a quality Barbell

oz_dude

This is why you should buy a quality barbell from the start. This bar is a standard thickness bar (28mm) from memory. It lasted to 130kg dead lifts then bent like a banana. So for those looking into getting started dont waste your money on a cheap barbell. As you will not only have to replace your barbell but also all of your weight plates will have to be converted over to the Olympic size as I have not found a standard thickness bar that is rated very high. Also the knurling on cheap bars is very crappy and they have no bearings in them. So save yourself some money for the future and get a decent Olympic size bar to begin with. I went with the ABC Power Bar and it feels incredible. I know theres still a lot better (dearer) out there but this will suit me fine for a veeeeeery long time :)

P1010716.JPG

P1010717.JPG

P1010718.JPG

It was pretty sad to bend the bar when I was broke, but when i managed to buy the ABC bar it was a happy day ;) anyone recon i can flog the old one off for scrap metal lol

Yeah thats gotta suck, but i guess a good lesson for everyone, do things right the first time and get good quality equipment and it should last a lifetime...

The bitter taste of poor quality lingers long after the sweet taste of cheap price.

Spend once, cry once. You'll never be disappointed.