• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

thought I was doing the right thing today

Kranky

Grandpa
by not buying garbage to eat but opting for something healthier

until I added it to MFP and saw the macros

WTF???

no protein or carbs and only fat but yet the numbers dont add up
I'm guessing its all the garbage/additives added

ScreenShot2013-11-22at65629pm_zpsde8f2391.png

Entries are put in by people using it I believe, so what ever values they put in is what comes up.

Tried using it, and it done my head in, rather than people entering the food in grams or items ie 100 grams of sugar, or 2 slices of bread, stuff comes up in weird fucked up measurements, I started a thread about it some time ago.

Here is my original post:

Been using 'My Fitness Pal' to log what I have been eating for the last few days mainly to see how may calories I actually consume on an average.

Now using it I am convinced that the average person is a moron:rolleyes:

Most of the foods in there are logged in a way that it is impossible to work out how many calories there are in something.

Just punched in Potatoes, and it comes up with ounces of potatoes, half a bowl (what fucking size is the bowl moron), a large potato, three small potatoes and even medium potatoes.

How about just logging how many calories there are in 100gram instead of a mystical bowl of potatoes, then there are readings that vary greatly for the same thing.

Anyway I am done.

Is there any better applications to log your food on an iPhone??

I've had a few WTF moments myself using MFP, people are retarded these days and common sense isn't very common.....

Entries are put in by people using it I believe, so what ever values they put in is what comes up.

Tried using it, and it done my head in, rather than people entering the food in grams or items ie 100 grams of sugar, or 2 slices of bread, stuff comes up in weird fucked up measurements, I started a thread about it some time ago.

Here is my original post:

yeah,you are correct Mick

I just went in and checked and it does have an * stating that it has been
submitted by a member and not confirmed :rolleyes:

I will double check by grabbing another packet,perhaps the total cals is correct

Maybe a stupid question but why not just read the packet?

Still a pretty poor choice regardless lol...

Its tuna. You believed the 0 protein count? Always have to go through a few of the listings before finding something of use on MFP

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I set alot of my own fresh foods up because the MFP entries were so unreliable. I put the brand name as "Karen" because it wasn't letting me do duplicates. I got the details of the nutritional values from Dr borushek or google.

all the different entries for bulk nutrient products are amusing
with lots of people only counting the protein and having zero cals for protein shakes

Yeah kaz, ive set almost all of my regular entry stuff up. It pisses me off when people create entries with the carb value only, or worse, just the calories...fucking lazy, thats why they are fat I guess.

Tim.

Maybe a stupid question but why not just read the packet?

Still a pretty poor choice regardless lol...

I was in the shopping centre and just scanned it into MFP without looking at the entry,
I was under the incorrect assumption that because it scanned it was as the packet said,by the time I got home and looked at MFP I had long since thrown the packaging away

For MFP don't bother with others entries just create your own from the packet

I will in future

I set alot of my own fresh foods up because the MFP entries were so unreliable. I put the brand name as "Karen" because it wasn't letting me do duplicates. I got the details of the nutritional values from Dr borushek or google.

never heard of Dr Borushek

yer i double check everything with Calorie King.

If its not there or spot on il make my own.

I think you will find there are a lot of people with eating disorder that will make an entry to suit them, either to pretend they are eating, or not eating...

idiots

nutritiondata.self.com is very good
you can expand categories and it tells you EVERYTHING that is in the food

thats mildly amusing about the dodgy data input by people i have less and less faith in the human race every day lol we are seriously getting dumber and lazier

i use wolframalpha.com among others for nutritional data which i find pretty good. you can put in whatever weights and measurements you want and it will calculate the exact figures for you.

Maybe we should pool our knowledge together and have one mega AusBB MFP listing, with values that we know and trust :)

Also I cannot find an ipad app for nutritiondata.self.com or wolframalpha.com.