• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

thought I was doing the right thing today

It's not really hard to remember what you're eating if you're serious about diet
How many different foods do you honestly eat? If you follow a see-food diet then logging is mostly pointless. Most foods will have the same raw ingredients so it's easy to keep track.

The ground beef I get is 15% fat. So I know 1kg is 150g of fat and 190g of protein and 2150kcal. I have just a text file with these in per KG and tracking is very easy.
All vegetables don't really need to be tracked unless they are very starchy and even then if you cook your own food it's easy to keep track in your head. If I am making say loaded peppers I know the green peppers are 4g of carbs each so I can have 5 of them no issue and stay under 30g for the day. Then I already know how much fat I need for the day so just use that much mince.

It's not really hard to remember what you're eating if you're serious about diet
How many different foods do you honestly eat? If you follow a see-food diet then logging is mostly pointless. Most foods will have the same raw ingredients so it's easy to keep track.

The ground beef I get is 15% fat. So I know 1kg is 150g of fat and 190g of protein and 2150kcal. I have just a text file with these in per KG and tracking is very easy.
All vegetables don't really need to be tracked unless they are very starchy and even then if you cook your own food it's easy to keep track in your head. If I am making say loaded peppers I know the green peppers are 4g of carbs each so I can have 5 of them no issue and stay under 30g for the day. Then I already know how much fat I need for the day so just use that much mince.

I don't see what you can have against calorie counting apps.

I don't have favourable results tracking in my head :eek:

I see your point in a way but I don't want to eat mince and capsicum everyday ;)

I would like the recipe for loaded capsicums though

Fair enough. I can't remember all the foods I eat.

me either

that is entirely up to you

but bothering to type a response saying you are not going to bother seems redundant

Wasn't aimed at you really, wasn't clear
Anyway loaded capsicums are due to be cooked today, I'll detail that up for you
My diet looks pretty basic lol but it's just the same few ingredients. You can make a lot of shit. Things like veg etc you don't really need to track unless you eat a lot of starches

Wasn't aimed at you really, wasn't clear
Anyway loaded capsicums are due to be cooked today, I'll detail that up for you
My diet looks pretty basic lol but it's just the same few ingredients. You can make a lot of shit. Things like veg etc you don't really need to track unless you eat a lot of starches

fair enough

be good to see the loaded caps :)

I often wondered about tracking the non starch veges

fair enough

be good to see the loaded caps :)

I often wondered about tracking the non starch veges

I'm only going to be posting in my thread from now on really so check there
Things like carrots, salad, mayonaisse etc I really can't be bothered tracking. Mayo is like 10g a serving and that's a big serving lol, I have other things to do.

Just don't go overboard with the servings and you'll be fine. I made that mistake with my spices- too many of them and the calories added up lol. But that's how you learn, you make mistakes. I don't want to go around tracking everything it's very tiring. So I make a diet plan for each week, takes 30 minutes. Then think what I want to eat and add up the raw ingredients there. At the moment this is just ground beef and turkey mince. But there is a lot you can make from these. Chili, frittata, tacos etc. In fact mince is one of the most versatile things you can have lol. Shepherds pie, lasagne, stews if you're not restricting carbs. Too many to list really

I'm only going to be posting in my thread from now on really so check there
Things like carrots, salad, mayonaisse etc I really can't be bothered tracking. Mayo is like 10g a serving and that's a big serving lol, I have other things to do.

Just don't go overboard with the servings and you'll be fine. I made that mistake with my spices- too many of them and the calories added up lol. But that's how you learn, you make mistakes. I don't want to go around tracking everything it's very tiring. So I make a diet plan for each week, takes 30 minutes. Then think what I want to eat and add up the raw ingredients there. At the moment this is just ground beef and turkey mince. But there is a lot you can make from these. Chili, frittata, tacos etc. In fact mince is one of the most versatile things you can have lol. Shepherds pie, lasagne, stews if you're not restricting carbs. Too many to list really

Lol. Biggest troller on the forum and he cracks the sads at a couple people not agreeing with him. Surely that's not helping your test levels.

It's the fact that people completely refuse to read the source material that annoys me.
I will happily lend books to people and always offer. No one will bother though so I won't bother any more. I am fed up with bothering to input. If people ask me then I'll reply but other than that I am done

It's only AusBB as well, I go on many forums and this is the only bad one and it's worse by a considerable margin. Even /fit/ is better and it's a fitness subsection of an anime forum filled with homosexual autists