• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Time for a fat tax ?

The tax wouldn't be on fat people, it would be on companies that make crap food. So your average packet of Tim Tams would have a fat tax added to it.

I'll play.

1) there's no "good fats" or "bad fats", just food that are nutrient rich/poor, foods that are calorie dense/sparse and foods that are processed or not.

2) the "fat tax" shouldn't necessarily have anything to do with the fat content of foods, though they may be more prevalent on a list of taxed foods because they are inherently more calorie dense (9cal Vs 4cal)

3) avocados are OK because although they are calorie dense they are also naturally nutrient dense (ie, they're not "fortified" nor do they have any artificially added nutrients via processing means) and they are not processed.

lets go again.

Last edited:
I'll play.

3) avocados are in because although they are calorie dense they are also naturally nutrient dense (ie, they're not "fortified" nor do they have any artificially added nutrients via processing means) and they are not processed.

lets go again.

But they taste like crap, therefore should be taxed?

No reason the food itself should be taxed. The fat people should be taxed.

In related news, Tassie bus drivers are getting taken out of the busses starting next week if they are >130kg.. I suppose thats a fat tax.