• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Turkish Getup Challenge

Start lighter mate! As in with no weight if you haven't done them before. Get the technique right first.

You know 24 is my only kb. I'll just have to use the barbell. (The wife's 3kg DB seems pointless.)
Anyway, while I was lying on the floor with the KB above me, I got in a few KB 2hand benchpress ;)

LOL. Yeah, 3kg is probably a good starter hey. Just get the motion down first. It's a tough movement!

make that "fun".

one with right arm only. :p left shoulder fuckin cained half way off the floor.
ill be doing the 16kg challenge.

im no stranger to kb's, been using them for conditioning on and off for about 6 months. do love me a good kb challenge! trying to swing the 80kg? bell @ PTC was interesting...it more swung me!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

i've got KB tomorrow morning at 6am in the dark at what I consider to be KB unco-ordinated happy hour ...

praying for no TGUs tomorrow....

and yeah, as the weight goes up, momentum becomes a dangerous thing!!

well most wouldnt get far with more than 16kg anyway :p
including me. it'd be like, do one tgu with 24kg, rest a bit, do another one...lol. i wouldnt get far before braining myself with that one. 6mins is okay for 16kg though.

if anything, id make 16kg the heaviest.
so 16 for say 2mins, 12 for 4, 8 for 6.
then it becomes more about speed and endurance. more like the swing challenge. speaking of which, i should do those ones again...

well most wouldnt get far with more than 16kg anyway :p
including me. it'd be like, do one tgu with 24kg, rest a bit, do another one...lol. i wouldnt get far before braining myself with that one. 6mins is okay for 16kg though.

if anything, id make 16kg the heaviest.
so 16 for say 2mins, 12 for 4, 8 for 6.
then it becomes more about speed and endurance. more like the swing challenge. speaking of which, i should do those ones again...

I'd like a KB snatch challenge or clean and jerk challenge!
Managed 4 TGUs with the 8kg this morning with my left shoulder holding up OK. Sounds totally pathetic but I was stoked the shoulder didn't die an unnatural death again. no pain either afterwards. going to try the 12kg again...

good work there chilli!
no shoulder pain for is always a bonus haha.

snatch challenge would be good. from the floor though. :) not a swinging snatch. keeps it less technical plus requires more power.

haha if you want mate :D

I'd like a KB snatch challenge or clean and jerk challenge!
Managed 4 TGUs with the 8kg this morning with my left shoulder holding up OK. Sounds totally pathetic but I was stoked the shoulder didn't die an unnatural death again. no pain either afterwards. going to try the 12kg again...

The standard RKC Challenge requirements would be a good set to go by :

http://www.dragondoor.com/workshops/russian_kettlebell_challenge_certification_requirements/

Men Open Class up to 60kg/132lbs 20kg 100/5min
Men Open Class over 60kg/132lbs 24kg 100/5min
Men Masters (50-64) 20kg 100/5min
Men Seniors (65 and over) 20kg 50/3min
Women Open Class up to 56kg/123.5lbs 12kg 100/5min
Women Open Class over 56kg/123.5lbs 16kg 100/5min
Women Masters (50-64) 12kg 100/5min
Women Seniors (65 and over) 12kg 50/3min

Are you guys starting each TGU with the KB upright? Or starting with a press in the lowered position?

I have learnt both ways.

good work there chilli!
no shoulder pain for is always a bonus haha.

snatch challenge would be good. from the floor though. :) not a swinging snatch. keeps it less technical plus requires more power.

lol the trainer was stoked but I just felt the shame of my LHS although great sign of strength increase so maybe it's getting better faster than I thought! Aspiring to more.

Wow, snatches from floor...always done them with swings to get some momentum. might have to try that.
And sheesh, I'm more tired and sore after KB today than after my weight training on Wednesday :eek: