• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Here's some more info on why Cain was not 'Cardio Cain' yesterday, and why an immediate return to action for both would be out of the question - both fighters are carrying injuries.

"It was serious enough that JDS nearly pulled out of the fight beforehand, but his team convinced him he could handle it. While that decision turned out to be the right one, the bad news is it’s going to require surgery.
“I got a very serious injury in my knee, my meniscus,” said the new champion. “You know, ten days ago I couldn’t walk very well. I stayed two days with [crutches], but I asked my doctor to help me because it’s the fight of my life and I can’t miss that fight.”

That doctor, Fabio Costa, told MMAFighting.com’s Ariel Helwani that dos Santos has a large lesion on his meniscus that will require surgery to fix, and which nearly forced him out of the bout entirely.

“Ten minutes before the fight he told us, ‘My knee, I have something in my knee.’ [We] said, ‘Calm down. You are a tough guy. You are our warrior. You can go.’ Now he’s the champion.”

It turns out JDS wasn’t the only one with a knee injury heading into the fight though. Velasquez downplayed rumors that he had also suffered a serious knee injury that nearly forced him out, however Joe Rogan told Ariel Helwani after the fight that he had to have his knee shot up with cortisone too. Transcription via Fight Opinion:

Joe Rogan: “The main event was really a perfect result for Junior dos Santos, exactly what he wanted to do — connect, land, hurt him bad, and finish him off. That’s what his game plan was, that’s what he did. I was surprised that Cain Velasquez didn’t try to either take him down or force him immediately into some sort of a grappling contest, force him to work hard and tire him out but… you know, who knows what the game plan was. There was a lot of rumblings about Cain Velasquez having a knee sprain, that he got shot with cortisone before the fight, so… who knows if that played a part in it, you know?”

Ariel Helwani: “Everyone in Cain’s camp was denying that but I’m wondering if you found out any more information, if that was in fact true.”

Joe Rogan: “Oh, it is true, yeah, it is true. Yeah, I mean, I’m sure they denied it before the fight but I know for a fact it was true.”

Whos everyone got in the new years card?

Cant decide out of lesnar vs ubereem
Diaz as a roughy by sub
Fitch by typical UD
Gustafsson (spelling?) by tko
Hettes as another kinda roughy by sub.

Ubereem is a monster hes more powerful and should easily be able to stuff brocks take downs obviously has world class striking k1 level and has a far better ground game then brock and has more expirence i think reem will take this by R1 ko from the clinch after defending a take down with massive knees and elbows. The fight of the night in my opinon will be the diaz and cerrone match i honestly cant see nick making it to the ground to get a submission other then getting dropped by cerrone numerous times.

The fight of the night in my opinon will be the diaz and cerrone match i honestly cant see nick making it to the ground to get a submission other then getting dropped by cerrone numerous times.

Yeah times 2 on that. Nates a little bit like nick, great ground game but doesn't have the best takedowns minus that slick judo throw he hit on...Pelligrino((spelling)might not have been him either) Cerrone's been on a tear as well. Don't know how close to a shot he'd be in Bendo won seeing as his lost to him twice.

Well the first fight between benson and cerrone imo should of went to donald he had 5+ deep sub attempts, and i say this as a big benson fan but yea cerrone has better stand up better wrestling and just as good ground game as diaz and is probably just as tough with good cardio cant see diaz possibly win it. I am predicting he wins this and gets the next title shot against either frankie or benson hoping its benson vs cerrone 3 that would be a killer

You're probably right about that one but judges value position over sub attempts. Looks at torres vs mighty mouse. Johnson was on top the hole time not doing a lot except for defending sub attempts. Edger vs cerrone would be a killer fight as well, cerrones never in a boring fight so be good to see how it all pans out.

Lesnar to wrestle Overeem away.

I tend to agree with this, although i was wrong with my last heavyweight prediction so who knows. Overeem's striking is superior so all he needs is to land one or two good ones and it's goodnight Brock, but i see Lesnar just overwhelming him on the ground.

As with any of the Diaz brother's fights, I'd like to see Nate get smashed. They rival Serena Williams for the biggest tools in sports. Loved it when Rory McDonald rag-dolled Nate with 3 body slams in a fight a while back. I think Cerrone will be too good.

Try mmashare.com or mmatko, they both seem to put up the fights straight away. Or you can pay X amount at mmashare and get the whole stream.

Last edited:
So much brock taking down reem.... the guy deadlifts 300kg 5 times... REEM RETIRES LESNAR!! LMFAO! Beat down like a bitch!

**KIND OF SPOILERS**
I made 3/4 of my picks. Surprised with the Hendricks/Fitch fight. Won't say too much incase people are going to download it later but ill be back on tomorrow or later today to discuss.

**KIND OF SPOILERS**
I made 3/4 of my picks. Surprised with the Hendricks/Fitch fight. Won't say too much incase people are going to download it later but ill be back on tomorrow or later today to discuss.

its almost nye doubt anyone is even online everyone is getting ready to go out...

Finch- wow I did not expect that,
Diaz is the man, made him fight his fight and had pin point accuracy, cowboy was scared,
heavy weights- shit as always- although the next title fight with jds will be a good one

Finch- wow I did not expect that,
Diaz is the man, made him fight his fight and had pin point accuracy, cowboy was scared,
heavy weights- shit as always- although the next title fight with jds will be a good one

With GSP out for a yearish i thought this would be the only time Fitch would be able to grapple fuck his way to a title, guess not.

Diaz looked really good, got slapped a few too many times with leg kicks for my liking but out boxed Cerrone no problem.

Overeem vs Dos santos should be a solid fight for sure.

yeah I found it odd the cerrone didnt pounce on him after the leg kicks, even his coach told him after the first round to shot for the takedown yet he just seemed to scared to go to the ground with him,

Crazy bloody fights, would of loved Lesnar to get hit/bloodied a but more lol...

I wanted Diaz to win, but thought Cerrone would 'kick the crap out of him' but it turned intoa boxing match, not a kick boxing match. Great fight though, knew it would be awesome.

The last two events ahve been crazy too, 139 only had one fight go the distance, 140 was great.