• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
To KFG and others.......I reckon we should be free to comment on fight results in this thread anytime we feel like. Don't worry about spoilers IMO. If I see in the 'unread posts' section that someone has posted in this thread, and I don't wanna know the results yet, then I don't open the thread. Simple. If we wait days to comment then half the 'thrill of the fight' is gone.

Anyways....well, pretty disappointed with Cerrone....he looked like a punching bag for Diaz. Why didn't he kick more?

And Lesnar.....shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit, he looked mediocre to say the least. He doesn't like getting hit does he? Who does lol, but he has one of the lowest tolerances for gutting it out amongst the UFC fighters I've seen. When the ref waived it over, I saw Overeem raise his hands and start walking around the octagon....he did half a lap before i saw in the background Lesnar get to this feet. It was a similar finish against Velasquez, curl up against the fence without much comeback, like he's waiting for the ref to rescue him, rather than deperately fighting back. Oh well, sayonara Brock.

To be fair to Lesnar though, I think his health problems really set his UFC ambitions back. I got the feeling from his post-fight comments that he couldn't really focus 100% on victory and nothing else....I think he had one eye on the finish line and making sure his health doesn't deteriorate further. I'm not saying he would've beat Velasquez or Overeem without the problems, just saying he had distractions.

Here is what the fighters got paid, not a bad little retirement bonus for Brock considering he has had only 8 fights, oh well he must sell fights,
Diaz vs Edgar in my opinion would make one hell of a 5 round battle, both guys have great boxing and both guys have one hell of a tough chin

Pay-Per-View Bouts
Alistair Overeem ($264,285.71+$121,428.57=$385,714.28) def. Brock Lesnar ($400,000)
Nate Diaz ($37,000+$37,000=$74,000) def Donald Cerrone ($30,000)
Johny Hendricks ($26,000+$26,000=$52,000) def. Jon Fitch ($60,000)
Alexander Gustafsson ($16,000+$16,000=$32,000) def. Vladimir Matyushenko ($40,000)
Jimy Hettes ($8,000+$8,000=$16,000) def. Nam Phan ($8,000)

Gee wizz the heavies get a nice sum. Not a bad payout for Brock there!

GSP would have to be one of the highest paid i'm sure? Will be interesting to see what the title fight gets.

Inclusing sponsorships etc then yeah l think GSP would take in more then brock possibly but if you just go on the purse that the UFC discloses then Brock would take more.

Just checked it out then, GSP got 200k to show and 200k to win against shields so you're probably right.

No, not surprised.....I described her as a she-he in another thread awhile back...something had to be going on, she was so manly in appearance.

I'm pissed off actually. It's unfair to the other fighters, such as that very rootable darling of the octagon, Gina Carano. They should reinstate Gina as champ so we can see more of that awesome smile of hers.

1239704331_gina-carano.gif

She said in an interview lately that she 'may' be going back to training/fighting soon'ish' since she just finished 'Haywire'

Gina Carano vs Rhonda Rousey would be bonerific.

Did someone mention Gina Carano?

Desk and drool, they don't go so well. :D

Pisses me off too, about steroid use, and the slap on the wrist these people get. Should be banned forever, and any records/awards rewritten/given to others.

Nice work Goo. She's niiiiiiiiice, would like to see her bite that bottom lip in different circumstances. :D

Here is what the fighters got paid, not a bad little retirement bonus for Brock considering he has had only 8 fights, oh well he must sell fights,
Diaz vs Edgar in my opinion would make one hell of a 5 round battle, both guys have great boxing and both guys have one hell of a tough chin

Pay-Per-View Bouts
Alistair Overeem ($264,285.71+$121,428.57=$385,714.28) def. Brock Lesnar ($400,000)
Nate Diaz ($37,000+$37,000=$74,000) def Donald Cerrone ($30,000)
Johny Hendricks ($26,000+$26,000=$52,000) def. Jon Fitch ($60,000)
Alexander Gustafsson ($16,000+$16,000=$32,000) def. Vladimir Matyushenko ($40,000)
Jimy Hettes ($8,000+$8,000=$16,000) def. Nam Phan ($8,000)

shit so Overeem actually got less than Lesner, thats crap, he smashed the shit out of Lesner

There wasn't too much casual fan attention associated with Overeem. Mostly fought overseas so not many of his bouts wether mma or k-1 were televised. Brock is and will be the biggest PPV draw the UFC will have for a long long time.

Overeem should get up there, he does all the promotional stuff without a problem. Not sure if the yanks will take to him though, well he won't have the appeal of Lesnar, being from overseas, but it defiantly should grow overtime.

UFC142 should be good, I think Mendez will beat Aldo though.

Also anyone know what channel will have TUF15 and what will have the UFC on FX'es etcs?

Fuel if you have foxtel or One hd.

Fuel is more up to date but if you're happy to wait a week or so there normally shown on "one"

Edit* And i hope Mendes doesn't grapple fuck Aldo to a decision. If he does it will be well deserved but ill take Aldo on this one.

Dana's Twitter: Munoz is injured and out of the FOX fight! Now it's Chael Sonnen vs Mike Bisping jan 28th and the winner will fight Anderson for the title.

BRING IT ON!!! WAR CHAEL!!!

Wish this matchup happened sooner. Would have been some epic shit talk and then bisping getting grapple fucked and pounded on for 3 rounds.

I do like Munoz though so hope he comes back strong, his got some wicked donkey king ground and pound

I cant see Bisping getting past Sonnen. As for Bisping's prospects against Anderson Silva....PAH-LEASE GIRLFRIEND....no way he's getting past the first round without getting his face re-constructed.