• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
What makes your local gym special that you stay there instead of going to a big chain? Is it just the ambiance? Being able to grunt and make other loud noises while you workout? Is there some special piece of equipment that big chain gyms don't have?

Proper meathead gym and don't have to scan the tag in, just wave and walk in.

It is a big chain....and it's shit. But it's nearly always empty when I train and has enough stuff for me to get the job done.

lots of university aged chickys there
and its a whole 3 minutes from home

Mine's a chain (Crunch) but I'm pretty impressed with it, plus we get it cheap as chips with work.

Axles, SSB, bumpers, plenty of space, have found a knowledgable PT. There are only 2 big guys that train there (neither of whom are me) which is a departure from Bondi where it seemed like every 2nd person was gassed up.

Not really that busy, plenty of space, not many too many grunts.
Personal selection of new equipment at the end of equipment lease period, inb4 ordering power rack and single standing calf raise.
30% discount on membership because of where I work.

What makes your local gym special that you stay there instead of going to a big chain? Is it just the ambiance? Being able to grunt and make other loud noises while you workout? Is there some special piece of equipment that big chain gyms don't have?

Price. Its a shit hole full of cardio crap. They hate noise and the equipment is old. I had to buy my own bar. But it's 10 min away and costs $1.29 per day.

Price. Its a shit hole full of cardio crap. They hate noise and the equipment is old. I had to buy my own bar. But it's 10 min away and costs $1.29 per day.

Do you drag your own bar there or do you just leave it there?

i use a council ran gym, when i joined it there was only 3 gyms in town , this one is central so it was a good location , plus i got a corporate membership via work so it was rather cheap , has pool/spa/sauna and les mills classes , so it was good value for money plus it came with no contract a @45 a month for access to it all

then along came the 24/7 gyms , now we have 9 gyms to choose from , i did go check out a chain (anytime fitness) as i was working arvo shift at the time so thought it would be good , but the building it was in was too cramped , plus the fees were sky high

so stuck to my council ran gym

Mine is a big chain, Goodlife.

The one I go is quite good though. 2 squat racks, 2 bench press racks, a incline and decline bench rack, about 6 spare olympic bars and plenty of room to use them. 2 cross cable machines, 3 different dip/chin up bars and quite a lot of hammer strength machines as well. The only thing missing is a proper calf raise machine. The group exercise room is quite big as well if you're into that.

Seeing it's Goodlife, I can use the other gyms in the state as well under my membership. There's 2 around the city that I'll visit every few months if I'm heading that way after work.

[MENTION=15941]steveP[/MENTION]; I used to be with Goodlife, they make it a hard time for you to cancel tho. Like right now I am trying to get misses to cancel her membership because of reasons but since its been paid for a year, they won't let her do it lol. Said only transferrable to new members + $65 admin fee. Fuk that!

I've been a member to ALL the gyms in my general area lol. 24/7 gyms have come a long way since even 2-3 years ago and most have at least a squat rack to keep the boys happy.

Btw [MENTION=895]Shrek[/MENTION]; wtf is a lez mills class haha?? Is there a homo mills one as well lmao

Yeah, the day I decide to change gyms will be a pain no doubt due to the Goodlife contract. But so far so good.

Les Mills are the patented group fitness classes such has Body Attack, Body Pump, Body Balance, etc.