• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What gets you fired up for 1rm pb attempts?

wingman

Super M0derator
What gets you fired up for 1rm pb attempts?

Is it a song? A ritual? Motivation from somewhere else? Nothing?

fear of failure of not getting something i had long aimed to get. Dont need music, smeling salts, someone abusing me, the need to yell, or even atmosphere.

I used to try to fire up, now I just focus on technique and power, and not letting any 'fear' get in the way of barspeed if that makes sense.

I just get into the zone knowing I can do it, usually crank up the metal and just have a crack.
I usually know now when I will be able to nail it and when that session comes and it feels right I go for it.

Masturbating in the mirror.

Seriously though if I'm having a great session I tend to just keep going after my heavy sets.

Knowing that it's what you've trained for the previous weeks/months...and that failure is not an option.
Oh...and Heavy Metal helps too

Just mentally get into the zone, think I f something that makes me angry, slap/pinch thighs, lift.

It's simple. We kill the batman .

Hahaha... Dont know why l found this so funny....

Seriously though l dont do anything different for a pb attempt that l dont do for a normal one.... If you dont go full pyscho for every lift, hitting things, screaming etc then why do it for a max lift? Think its the whole play how you practice kind of thing...

whos adreww? give that man a medal.

the dread. the fear.
the pain you pushed through in training.
the time you put in.

the set up rituals.

spirit.

Hahaha... Dont know why l found this so funny....

Seriously though l dont do anything different for a pb attempt that l dont do for a normal one.... If you dont go full pyscho for every lift, hitting things, screaming etc then why do it for a max lift? Think its the whole play how you practice kind of thing...
there is no greater satisfaction than screaming at the bar, then fucking its shit up.

you dont go nyuts in training all the time because you dont max out all the time.
i get fired up for my 5s leading up to a comp

the psych up makes the bar feel like nothing, another great feeling is unracking your third squat and it feeling like a feather - psych up