• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What gets you fired up for 1rm pb attempts?

Do you or anyone know of any good sources as to what you can expect for a particular level of training? (drug free athlete)

I know it's always gonna be a rough guide.

In terms of year in year out gains for a natural (tested) athlete, have a look at Spritcha's lifting history that he recently posted on this forum. There are no wild jumps in the squat and dl and a normal balance of gain vs injury. Now he's a big bugger, so a lighter lifter would scale their expected gains accordingly.

Real strength takes time, there's no shortcuts... well, there is - but you know what I mean.

If you look at training logs and see ridiculous progress, more than likely they are on a special protein blend you are not.

"Occam's razor (also written as Ockham's razor, Latin lex parsimoniae) is the law of parsimony, economy, or succinctness. It is a principle stating that among competing hypotheses, the one that makes the fewest assumptions should be selected."

... the simplest explanation tends to be the right one.

Of course there are some with serious natural talent theres no denying that.

Wow, how did I miss this thread?

Oni, maybe if you walked the walk (or even fucking crawled it), people would give you SOME respect or not completely bag out every thing you say.

As it stands, you give advice to everyone, post up all kinds of theories (some which may or may not be true), but have absolutely no progress to back up any of the stuff you say.

There are a lot of things that work in this game. You need to try them to find out. But it doesn't seem like anything you are doing is working. Or you just aren't training hard enough / consistent enough.

So you can't blame people for ripping on every bit of advice you give to people who total more than you and are bigger than you and more importantly, have made MUCH more progress than you. Why would someone who has progressed more with their own methods take advice from someone who has made hardly any progress with the methods they are spruiking?

Reminds me of this:

arny.JPG

Unless you really are a troll, in which case you really need to get a life. Maybe you could start lifting?

Oni, maybe if you walked the walk (or even fucking crawled it), people would give you SOME respect or not completely bag out every thing you say.

As it stands, you give advice to everyone, post up all kinds of theories (some which may or may not be true), but have absolutely no progress to back up any of the stuff you say.

There are a lot of things that work in this game. You need to try them to find out. But it doesn't seem like anything you are doing is working. Or you just aren't training hard enough / consistent enough.

So you can't blame people for ripping on every bit of advice you give to people who total more than you and are bigger than you and more importantly, have made MUCH more progress than you. Why would someone who has progressed more with their own methods take advice from someone who has made hardly any progress with the methods they are spruiking?

Reminds me of this:

View attachment 6467

Unless you really are a troll, in which case you really need to get a life. Maybe you could start lifting?

You could read Practical Programming for Strength Training and it pretty much states exactly what I said. The people that ripped into me were mainly people who have not achieved much themselves also. Not going to name names but it's stupid trying to play the experience card to say that tried and tested methods of strength training are wrong when you have no real experience yourself. Again, you can read all this up in Practical Programming. Mike's RTS site also covers it. So does supertraining and the science and practice of strength training. Roman's training of the weightlifter.

I'm happy with 50kg added to my total in a year in the 67.5kg class, especially as many of those gains came in the latter half of the year.

Q9NMr.png

Last edited:
Not following Darkoz
Unless you're pointing out the irony of saying that someone without experience can't negate the lack of experience of another without having experience, in which case I don't really care

Not following Darkoz
Unless you're pointing out the irony of saying that someone without experience can't negate the lack of experience of another without having experience, in which case I don't really care
Well yes that was one of the points and your answer to that point is hilarious.

The other thing I wanted to point out was about your opening sentence in your answer to Pistachio which was.....
You could read Practical Programming for Strength Training and it pretty much states exactly what I said

However, I think the corect statement from you should have been this........

"I pretty much say exactly what I've read in Practical Programming for Strength Training "

Reminds me of this:

View attachment 6467

That's nasty, at 51 I'm still learning, the goal post is continually moving.
I know little but two things stand out.
Exercise is a backward skill, the harder it get the better it is for you, Unless you are a competitive lifter you need to find exercise the involves the path of most resistance, even the competitive lifter needs to adhere to this principal if he wants to become stronger.

Maybe the big mouths of the forum should also include before and after measurements of their muscles.

The other thing I've noticed is that to really perform well one needs to be in a sort of zen mode, rather than a "going to battle mode"?
Try it.
Turn off the heavy metal shit, calm down, you will lift more.

The other thing I've noticed is that to really perform well one needs to be in a sort of zen mode, rather than a "going to battle mode"?
Try it.

Good way of describing it, I do this these days when I go for 1rms.

I'll admit it is a bit harsh - but I really am sick of the bullshit. It's part of the reason that I don't post here anywhere near as much as I used to.

Too much ego validation. People who don't walk the walk, so resort to the internet to tell others what to do in the hopes that they will somehow be seen as a bigger person as a result.

I'm not saying you have to be huge to post, or need to squat 300kgs to have an opinion that counts - but you need to at least have demonstrated that you know what you are talking about by putting into practice what you preach and having the results to show us. Obviously some people will get big doing complete shit (awesome genetics etc), but I think you get the point of what I am trying to say.

Copying and pasting from internet sites, or books, in order to appear knowledgeable, while not actually making bugger all progress yourself - is ridiculous. I mean do you really care that much what a group of randoms on the internet think about you?

Who would you rather have as a PT? Sticky or Oni? And which one posts more often now? That is why I don't like this shit. It has degraded the level of the advice on this forum.

I'm not sure Goosey if you are referring to me as one of the big mouths, but I'd happily post up before and after measurements :)

The irony of all this is that I don't give care what a bunch of randoms on the internet think about me - but it still irritates me how much some others seem to care about their internet persona.

Oh and on top of all the above, there is the years of mindless trolling to consider.

Good way of describing it, I do this these days when I go for 1rms.

On topic, I'd agree with this too.

I pretty much zone out before a 1rm. So much so, that sometimes I actually forget the lift itself (as in I lift the weight, but can't recall any of the sensations of actually lifting it). It is a bizarre feeling!

Try it.

That's what works for you. ... but everyone has a way that works for them. ... I'm sure some fellow metal heads and even those into trance/techno agree with me that it can actually be relaxing too

Don't let it get to you.

Many many people have left the internet for this reason alone.

I find nothing offensive, i like to talk about lifting its my passion, hobby my shangrila and like all forums, they are just like family get togethers, there is always that annoying nephew, what i dislike is only when members attack each other.

The secret to this is there is no secret, it all works, some take a bit longer than others to piece it together, just be happy that you have found what works for you and encourage others.

That's what works for you. ... but everyone has a way that works for them. ... I'm sure some fellow metal heads and even those into trance/techno agree with me that it can actually be relaxing too

Yes.

Trance relaxes me.

I'm just putting it out there, relax, be calm, you will lift more.

I know many times I've done well when I feel relaxed and not really up to it.
Times I've gone to gym really pumped, Agro and done poorly.

Don't let it get to you.

Many many people have left the internet for this reason alone.

I find nothing offensive, i like to talk about lifting its my passion, hobby my shangrila and like all forums, they are just like family get togethers, there is always that annoying nephew, what i dislike is only when members attack each other.

The secret to this is there is no secret, it all works, some take a bit longer than others to piece it together, just be happy that you have found what works for you and encourage others.

Yeah you are right. I find it's just like an itch - there is only so long you can ignore it until you have to scratch the fuck out of it.

I guess I go into 'zen' more now cause technique is important, and I know if I don't do 'A, B, C' on bench I will stuff it up, and all the willpower in the world won't lift the weight (if it is a true 1rm).

I've tried to be tough before when approaching the bar, forgotten about technique and it sort of ended up like this....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7ZRpx4O664

Yeah you are right. I find it's just like an itch - there is only so long you can ignore it until you have to scratch the fuck out of it.

Some really knowledgable people have left the internet over the years, ones that have walked the walk, paid their dues under the bar.

Most of the members here, in fact all of the members here are just puppy's, past and present.