• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What's holding you back?

What's holding me back? - motivation - train early mornings and find it bloody hard to get motivated, half the time miss out because I'm lazy and cbf.
what am I going to do about it? - look for a good coach to give me 12 months coaching so I'm held a bit more accountable.

you just dont want it enough at present it seems. other shit going on? cant train in the evening?

No one has said genetics yet.

For me it is my choice of lifestyle and the resulting effort that I put in. Training just isn't my top priority.

I also cbf eating like a bodybuilder so I eat pretty much normally. That probably doesn't help.

Having a clearly defined goal solves a lot of problems and I don't have one of those either.

No one has said genetics yet.

For me it is my choice of lifestyle and the resulting effort that I put in. Training just isn't my top priority.

I also cbf eating like a bodybuilder so I eat pretty much normally. That probably doesn't help.

Having a clearly defined goal solves a lot of problems and I don't have one of those either.

Nice. I did laugh at this. At least you are honest with yourself.

Nice. I did laugh at this. At least you are honest with yourself.

I'm lucky that I have 20+ years of training so a half arsed effort of a couple of days a week is almost enough. The main problem is that I have 300 square mile to keep an eye on and there is always something more important to do than training.

I'm lucky that I have 20+ years of training so a half arsed effort of a couple of days a week is almost enough. The main problem is that I have 300 square mile to keep an eye on and there is always something more important to do than training.

Similar here at the moment. Training is taking a bit of a back seat at the moment.

you just dont want it enough at present it seems. other shit going on? cant train in the evening?
..you pretty much nailed it in your first sentence, mental toughness is lacking. Evenings are pretty much out, have two young kids (1 & 4) and from 5pm I spend time with them, which is more important to me than training. I also have my own business so after the kids go to bed I spend time on catching up on the days emails / quotes / planning etc.

I get up about 2:30 if I train before dayshift. It's usually easier doing that than dealing with peak hour after work. Otherwise I wait till about 7:30-8ish but then I won't sleep till 10 and up at 4:30. There's a compromise between training and sleep and both go hand in hand, like nutrition.