• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What's the best Personal Trainer course? I'm in Melbourne

Status
Not open for further replies.
1.Yes they are terrible gummies :eek:
2. Your boy looks like you. :D
3. Props for posting pics, takes courage
4. You look fit, and healthy
5. Please continue to post on the forum, you are most welcome here. :)

1.Yes they are terrible gummies :eek:
2. Your boy looks like you. :D
3. Props for posting pics, takes courage
4. You look fit, and healthy
5. Please continue to post on the forum, you are most welcome here. :)

Thanks! Now that I've made my newbie mistake I feel a bit more free to post! Onwards and upward from here, aye.

Wish me luck, I start at a new gym this week after about a month away from the gym (what with the separation and all that). I've got 3 sessions with a PT (how ironic!) and I'm itching to get going in the gym again. Plus, it's a proper gym, not just the one in the apartment block where I lived with my ex.

Why not start a journal her so you and we can see your progress?
Helps for motivation too.

Well she ranted on like a woman possessed, then promised the Earth and delivered zero.

Got my Cert III ,Cert IV and first aid at AIF, Australia Institute of Fitness. Good environment and coaches there. Cost 5000$ but if you did their business course aswell its arnd 8000$.

I urge you to continue your education beyond the course, CoMarsh. With all courses, school is only the beginning of your education. With AIF you barely even got a beginning, you'll have a lot of work to do.

You can do it informally, of course. This will demonstrate to potential employers an intelligence and passion for the subject which make up for your unfortunate choice of school.

Coaches, successful trainers, yourself, your clients, by reading on your own time and furthering your own education...?

Moons has got it.

I mean it depends on your areas of interest. To my mind, the thing most blatantly missing from most fitness education is simple old exercise performance. You need to be able to perform and coach bodyweight squats, lunges, pulls and pushes, and have some idea of common lifestyle, condition and age-related changes leading to postural and gait issues, as well as knowing how these exercises change when you load people up.

Beyond that, purely your own interest. Some like running, some rehab, some barbell stuff, etc. Lots of trainers are keen on bodybuilding, but a vanishingly small percentage of your clients are going to be would-be bodybuilders. They want to "get fit, lose weight, tone up", or have their back stop hurting, not puff when they climb stairs, get better for their sport, that sort of thing. Balance what you're interested in with what clients will be interested in.

Status
Not open for further replies.