• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Which WPC?

My ON Gold Standard is about to finish and I was told to get WPC instead of WPI but not sure what to get.

Bulk Nutrients

Whey Protein Concentrate - PROTEINDIRECT

mix'n'match whey protein concentrate wpc

Are they all the same and I should just go with the cheapest? Think that would be Bulk Nutrients..

I'd go with either BN or FC but not PD. Protein direct (Julian) has no problem teeling you that his WPC is from the US; I have a problem with that.The other two FC (Marcus) and BN (Ben) get their raw powder from either clean kiwi land or down under beautiful Australia; that I do not have a problem with!

Fadi.

Can't beat FC for value and taste. I bought the mix n match WPI. awesome flavours.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh yeah of course. Might just go with bulknutrients because it's a bit cheaper. 10kg bag of unflavored is only $175.

As long as you realise the unflavoured stuff is bitter and is not very palatible, unless you blend other ingredients with it like bananas etc.

I thought it was just flavourless. I blend it with oats and a banana in the morning, but PWO I just have it with milk so might get flavoured instead.

20kg unflavored - $290
20kg chocolate - $409

is it just me or does it seem a bit stupid to be paying $109 more for chocolate flavoring? im thinking of just getting unflavored and getting some milo to blend with it..

Whatever floats your boat. Remember Milo does no dissolve in cold water or milk.

Hmm yes it does just takes time lol, I make my shake up in the morning ( 2 scops WPI and 2 tablespoons of milo) and take it to work, a quick shake before drinking and its smooth as.

Why is whey from the US a problem? Or is it BS?

I don't find it as clean. To test it like I did, buy yourself plain WPI/WPC and see the difference. Who knows, you may be lucky and get the best of the best from the US, I don't have to since I trust New Zealand and Australia and their regulation over the US anyday.

Off topic but relevant; my passion is flying and I would never substitute the strict as hell regulation Australia has over other countries' standards. If I had to bet on a fighter pilot kicking some arse, you know who my money would fall on!

Again, I may simply be a biased Australian; which I'd never apologise for...proud to be from down under and I'd look here before anywhere else, period!

Fadi.

As long as you realise the unflavoured stuff is bitter and is not very palatible, unless you blend other ingredients with it like bananas etc.

That is where cocoa and cinnamon and stevia come in handy...

A much healthier option to artificial flavouring and sucrlaose..

Why is WPC preferred over WPI? i thought WPI was more suitable for post workout?

It's more suitable as a profit margin I'd say where dollars speak louder than words with companies who want to push you down the WPI path. I myself take WPI and everyone knows why. Had I had no issue with lactose I'd be taking nothing but WPC.

Your question talks about suitability post workouts Kapow. You'd find the people who want to push you down that path would use the digestion/assimilation time argument of WPI vs. WPC which to me is farcical since we're talking about the same compound when it comes to this aspect of the debate.

I'd like to see someone present me with a study that says that WPI digest in X (short) time whilst WPC does it in Y (long) time. Both, I repeat both wheys are virtually the same in this department. It's only when you jump over the fence and meet Mr. Casein that the picture takes on a definite change...

So please brother, rest assured about this non issue and keep your wallet healthy...as well as your immune system which gets a real deal Kapow thanks to WPC boost!

Fadi.

Why is whey from the US a problem? Or is it BS?

Be careful not to sterotypre all suppliers as the same. American raw protein manufactures are no different to anywhere else in the world. some manufacturing plants produce great product, some ok and some not so good. At the end of the day it comes down to the actual processing plant and what technologies they are using to filter. which is basically all it is...
its the level of filtration and amounts of heat used that determines what grade product you end up with. did you know there are 7 grades of whey protein isolate available for purchase by blending facilities, all varying in price, grade 1 being cheapest and grade 7 being more refined/filtered and expensive. however all your label on bucket has to say is it contains wpi... not what grade or even what percent...

It's more suitable as a profit margin I'd say where dollars speak louder than words with companies who want to push you down the WPI path. I myself take WPI and everyone knows why. Had I had no issue with lactose I'd be taking nothing but WPC.

Your question talks about suitability post workouts Kapow. You'd find the people who want to push you down that path would use the digestion/assimilation time argument of WPI vs. WPC which to me is farcical since we're talking about the same compound when it comes to this aspect of the debate.

I'd like to see someone present me with a study that says that WPI digest in X (short) time whilst WPC does it in Y (long) time. Both, I repeat both wheys are virtually the same in this department. It's only when you jump over the fence and meet Mr. Casein that the picture takes on a definite change...

So please brother, rest assured about this non issue and keep your wallet healthy...as well as your immune system which gets a real deal Kapow thanks to WPC boost!

Fadi.

actually fadi you couldnt be more wrong... there is more of margin in wpc than for a HIGH grade wpi there isnt much at all, due to consumer and competition pressure. the higher the filtration the higher the production costs and the more expensive to purchase. however yes it is possible to purchase cheap/dodgy wpi from cheap overseas manufacturers at around same price as good wpc from respected manufacturers.

Why is WPC preferred over WPI? i thought WPI was more suitable for post workout?

Wpi is faster absorbed because of the extra filtration it has undergone to further remove fats and carbohydrates. thats all.........
Wpc is biologically more stable and higher in enzymes due to less filtration but still has some fats and milk sugars

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish I could use WPC but my stomach just can't handle it - always feel bloated when I take it.

Man all this WPI vs WPC stuff is annoying. I was set on getting WPC a few weeks a go but after reading the nutritional facts on bulknutrients, I ended up ordering 5kg vanilla WPI.. More protein per 100g, less carbs, less fat.. Just seems right to me. Money isn't really an issue for me because I've stopped drinking which saves me 200-300 a week alone.