• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

who bakes their own bread?

Admin

Administrator. Graeme
Staff member
Thinking about buying a bread making machine. Anyone got any recommendations? Is it worthwile?

Mate of mine has one, he makes loads of fruit loaf. Tastes awesome.

My younger brother got his missus a bread maker as her 30th birthday present... lol

I want to get one myself one day

we have one which we have been meaning to use but it just seems easier and cheaper to buy your bread, we don't go through heaps of bread anyway, I guess by making it it would taste better just not sure if we can be bothered.

I have one, haven't used it in ages. As said easier to buy, does taste better out of it, specially the first few bits when warm. Goes off quicker as well though

My oldies had one when I was growing up, fresh bread is the best. You can put everything in the night before and put the timer on so it's ready when you wake up. They went off it a long time ago but the old man still makes his own in one of those fancy mixers you can get. Finds he gets more use out of that than a bread maker which is a bit of a one trick poni. A little more work involved though, think he still kneads it and obviously baking it

Used to make my own don't really need a bread maker depending on what you are making.too I guess

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Used to make my own bread, never used a bread maker, just make it and bake in oven tastes delicious, better than any bread you ever buy in a shop.

Hardly ever eat bread these days so have not made any for ages, was thinking of making a nice winter soup/stew one of these days and baking a loaf to have with it.

Used to make my own bread, never used a bread maker, just make it and bake in oven tastes delicious, better than any bread you ever buy in a shop.

Hardly ever eat bread these days so have not made any for ages, was thinking of making a nice winter soup/stew one of these days and baking a loaf to have with it.

Will you have the poisons kit at the ready.

Will you have the poisons kit at the ready.

I will just deal with feeling bloated and a bit crook in the guts and not being able to sleep properly for a day or so, the taste sometimes is worth it, a bit like a hangover after a big night on the piss, having a feed of bread and dealing with the after affects reminds me why I don't eat it 98% of the time, just like a hang over reminds me why I should not be drinking in excess.

I find with home baked bread I actually know what is in it and it has no preservatives, as it does not need any, it does not usually hang around long enough when it comes out of the oven.

Last edited:
I will just deal with feeling bloated and a bit crook in the guts and not being able to sleep properly for a day or so, the taste sometimes is worth it, a bit like a hangover after a big night on the piss, having a feed of bread and dealing with the after affects reminds me why I don't eat it 98% of the time, just like a hang over reminds me why I should not be drinking in excess.

I find with home baked bread I actually know what is in it and it has no preservatives, as it does not need any, it does not usually hang around long enough when it comes out of the oven.

Hangover from bread. That's a new one.

I used to bake but never used a bread machine. Yeast can rise in any decent humidity and I used to leave a loaf on a middle oven shelf with the door ajar on the lowest possible setting.

If you're definately after a bread machine buy one second hand, no one uses them!

My old man puts it in the dishwasher after its been on in the morning. Thought that was genius when he first told me

Clearly your comprehensions skills are lacking, may be get an adult to explain it to you.

Bread poisoning maybe.

On a similar funny note turned on the news last night and it had a short segment on how thousands of Australians unnecessarily avoid grains due to self diagnosed intolerances that they don't actually have. Lol.

The "nocebo effect."

That's when people "expect to feel worse from eating a certain food and do."

Yep and also conformation bias. People eat grains and remember every little stomach pain or fart. They don't eat grains and dismiss every stomach pain or fart. Remember the hits and forget the misses to confirm your opinion.

Hangover from bread. That's a new one.

My parents bake bread all the time and bought me over half a loaf the other day. Ate the lot with some delicious homemade pumpkin soup. Woke up the next morning feeling like I'd drank a bottle of vodka. I think my gut might be leaking?