• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Who here front squats?

The squat is a glute/quad dominant movement, leaning forward as described indicates that the person is relying on the glutes to get past that so-called "sticking point" at this point the quads are working their hardest.

Really? I know I used to bring my bum up on heavy snatches, my coach got me to do hammy strengthening acc work, as he said that was the problem, and the habit went away, but it could have been a lower back issue too

Really? I know I used to bring my bum up on heavy snatches, my coach got me to do hammy strengthening acc work, as he said that was the problem, and the habit went away, but it could have been a lower back issue too

try it now just squatting lift your bum at the sticking point, the shift in weight is moved to the glutes

Good read, looks like I need to get onto some mobility drills.

yep I need to work a bit on thoracic mobility. Only because I've tightened up from all the not stretching and not mobilising of late :p

not much I can do about my left ankle except surgery on my soleus though. Squat shoes for me!

Love my front squats. Wish they'd give me quads though.

yep I need to work a bit on thoracic mobility. Only because I've tightened up from all the not stretching and not mobilising of late :p

not much I can do about my left ankle except surgery on my soleus though. Squat shoes for me!

Love my front squats. Wish they'd give me quads though.
Why wouldn't they? They're still the prime mover in the movement

Not a heap of quad development here either. Though do get doms after each front squat effort....

Mind you my femurs are 7.5m long. Any gains are hard to notice.

Tim.

Not sure if I'm positioning the bar right, I have bruises basically on the shoulder joint. It might be due to a lack of muscle in the right areas.

I got bruising at first, try and hold it on your chest more than the shoulders, ie don't have your upper arm as high to expose the shoulder (assuming your holding the bar with crossed arms or similar and not a clean grip?)

The bar only touches my shoulders, not chest. My shoulders sometimes bruise too but I'm a man so it doesn't bother me to much