• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Will WPC protein work for post-workout?

J

James Crysis

Hi,
I'm thinking about making an order from professionalwhey.com of 5kg of dextrose, 3kg of WPC and flavourings. I'm going to add dextrose to the WPC because i'm trying to bulk, and have it once in the morning, and once after my workout.
Would this work? Would I be better off maybe just get 1kg of WPC and 1kg of WPI, and having the WPI after my workout and the WPC in the morning for extra protein intake?
I'd rather be able to just buy the 3kg of WPC because i'm kind of short on cash and it obviously works out better value for money just buying the WPC.

Thanks,
James Crysis.

Explain?
I thought WPI was a faster acting protein, so it is better to take after workout?
Will the WPC work as a post-workout protein, taking into consideration it doesn't work as fast?

There really isn't that much difference that matters between the speeds of WPI and WPC, if you want essential nutrients for repair and recovery quickest then get some BCAA's for straight after your workout then have your protein shake or whole food protein a little bit later.

Forget this faster acting crap when it comes to whey, the difference is a matter of minutes, so stick with WPC, it's cheaper.

Last edited: