• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

wondering if i should do massive bulk thus winter

Actually, I have a better idea....I should be nominated the ausbb, chief male pic reviewer. All members (forum members you ding dongs) must be photgraphed and submitted prior to posting rights, then i get to decide who can join and who can't....quality assurance program you could call it....

Gee, what a sacrifice. Poor you...being responsible for looking at muscular, or getting there young(er) guys. What a saint.

Go for it Ceffo!

I've sort of turned the corner back into bulking mode now given I started missing a few of my lifts. I hate not making strength gains so revisited my diet and am now definately back in calorie surplus.

I'm 168cm and want to get to a lean 90kg one day. I'm 80kg today but probably 25% BF.

Cheers,
Mike

Man 90kg ripped is kinda close to pro bb condition.
Carrying it for anything over 2 months would involve celltech for sure.

Go for it Ceffo!

I've sort of turned the corner back into bulking mode now given I started missing a few of my lifts. I hate not making strength gains so revisited my diet and am now definately back in calorie surplus.

I'm 168cm and want to get to a lean 90kg one day. I'm 80kg today but probably 25% BF.

Cheers,
Mike

90kg and lean at your height is a stretch. Chemical enhancements would be required. Getting to 15% at your weight, or a bit less would be a suitable goal! :p

Last edited:
I say go for it, take it slow.

There is a bloke at our gym over 6ft, early 20's, i nicknamed him the hulk, 105KG and ripped.

Not 10% sure if 105KG is correct but possibly as the gym scales say i am 99KG (bout 180CM)

Not on celltech atm but I will be when i bulk I will be hence 10kg 12 weeks.

So oli u don't think being sub 10% negates maximum growth?? I believe it does plus 200cal over maintenance seems like a long time to put that 10kg on lol

Lol

Dude youre on celltech. Theres no reason to blow up in order to put on mass, just stay at 8-10% and eat 200 cals over maintenance.
exactly.

10kg in 12 weeks would mostly be fat. You can't really rush muscle growth without using sterons. At most I reckon aim for 0.5kg increases a week, it might be slower but over 12 weeks that's 6kg which would look pretty good at 12% bf.

Not on celltech atm but I will be when i bulk I will be hence 10kg 12 weeks.

So oli u don't think being sub 10% negates maximum growth?? I believe it does plus 200cal over maintenance seems like a long time to put that 10kg on lol

Go to the butchers and buy 10kg of rump steak. Lay it out on a chopping board and see just how much it is. Thats a pretty big demand for someone whose been lifting for years and isnt on celltech.

I don't see what the issue with gaining at 10% is its not like your body is starving. Things are even easier with celltech because your body is artificially anabolic - you could gain at 6%.

The issue of being that weight is the weight you'll gain is likely so low it will be intangible even on a monthly basis. Compare this to fat bulking to 15% where you will see results in JUST 14 DAYS! (fat accumulates around the leg - 'look at my quad mass!')

Not to mention youve got a kis on the way. Cutting below 15% (where your body likes to sit) is a bitch and a half already, not to mention when you're not sleeping/eating right.

fair enough oli.. if people present a good case im all ears.. i usually go crazy and dont watch my calories too much.. as long as its over maintenance im happy..

Ill go and do the numbers and some googling as well..

90kg and lean at your height is a stretch. Chemical enhancements would be required. Getting to 15% at your weight, or a bit less would be a suitable goal! :p
Yeah, you're right I guess, nice to have a stretch goal though...

I'll go via 90kg as a bulk, then see what I look like when I cut to 10% BF, probably back to 80kg odd. I'm 80kg today so getting to 90kg is sort of my 2011 goal on a steady growth plan at maintenance +30%. Split about 260gm protein, 260gm carbs, 60gm fats for about 2,600 cals a day at 80kg.

Cheers,
Mike

I started bulking 3 weeks ago today. Already gone from about 86 to about 91. I'd say alot of that is water as iv'e started eating carbs before and after training (after low carbing) and back on the milk. Strength has been moving up nicely again since i started eating after been stale for 2-3 months. Planning on continuing with it until the end of winter, although if i get too fat, will re-assess.

Last edited: