• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Would you take in a refugee family for $300pw?

Would you take in a refugee family for cash?

• Yes, happy to help

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • No

Votes: 11 84.6%
  • Maybe if they paid more money...

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Is that $300 a pop or per family??? If per family how big is the family???

I was thinking it was $300 per refugee:confused::confused:

Damn, I spend whole the day decking the garage out with bunk beds from St Vinnies, I figured I could fit 10-15 in there, then feed them 2 minute Noodles from Aldi and of course drink tap water.

I figure they should be able to work 12-15 hours per day making fake Nike and Everlast hoodies and man bags that I can sell at Bankstown Markets on the week end.....I will be rich I tell RICH:rolleyes::rolleyes:

But unfortunately in reality our Country and Government is a laughing stock of other countries, this is embarrassing on an international level.

And it raises so many questions, what if they steal from you?? What if they take your shit and disappear while you are at work?? Are they going to roaming round your house sitting on the lounge watching TV while you go out and work to pay tax and then you get back $300?? Will they have criminal history checks just to ask a few:cool:

A genuine refugee is someone who flee's their country of origin into the NEAREST nation that provides sanctuary - not someone who flies to Indonesia on a commercial flight, and then upon arrival destroys their documentation prior to embarking on a short boat trip to Australia. However it is policies like these that encourage asylum seekers (not genuine refugees as per definition), which is resulting in these problems we are having now.

This government needs a complete shake up and re vamp with brand new guidelines and policies, this is a very bad and unfunny joke:mad:

First part of your post made me laugh my arse off Mick lolol

Don't worry, the revamp is coming, in the form of Tony Abbott, there's no way Julia Gillard can win the election. Labor will be out on their arses....and Mr Speedo's himself will be running our country :eek:

Interesting times ahead!

Racism is strong in this thread. Guess everyones forgotten we are all immigrants except the aboriginies. How are these poor buggers any different to the first fleeters that came in chains, the wogs in the 50s or the viets in the 80s.

Ignorance and scaremongering thats the problem not the reffos.

Racism is strong in this thread. Guess everyones forgotten we are all immigrants except the aboriginies. How are these poor buggers any different to the first fleeters that came in chains, the wogs in the 50s or the viets in the 80s.

Ignorance and scaremongering thats the problem not the reffos.

Different times, different circumstances, different attitudes, different people.

Different times, different circumstances, different attitudes, different people.

Thats bullshit every generation says the same thing but they all assymilate and end up aussies. Its demonisation by media and politician. Its a neat distraction for the people in charge who have made a cluster fuck of the economy.

Thats bullshit every generation says the same thing but they all assymilate and end up aussies. Its demonisation by media and politician. Its a neat distraction for the people in charge who have made a cluster fuck of the economy.

Go right ahead then, walk the talk and give the refugees a chance, open up your home, family and possesions to these poor buggers.

Agree! Repped!

But there has to balance Brick and some protocol around the legislation on what a refugee is and how they're allowed into the country? This was in place with Howard, sure - but I found it a harsh dynamic for those people truly in need.

Labor has completely dropped the ball and it's taking adults and families 3+ years to even be assessed. Which is ridiculous, because in the meantime, due to the bullshit red tape and inconsistencies,these people need somewhere to live.

Howard just housed them offshore for their time.

They're not prisoners, so I don't agree with detention centre's for them.

But what is the answer? We have rhodes scholars in parliament who can't work this shit out.

Is the answer to deny everyone? No, we have a duty of care as a nation to allow people to seek assylum from the atrocities of their countries.

Is the answer to do as we've been doing and get bogged down in political red tape and to let these poor people rot in a detention centre and go quietly insane for years on end? Absolutely not.

There has to be a common ground. A balance. And fairness...in whatever that is.

It's a tough one.

But we're not talking 'immigration' although it ends up being the catchment for many of these good people. We're talking about refugee's and assylum seekers. These poor people flee civil war and certain death and come to Australia to be housed in detention camps for years on end?

Doesn't sound much like freedom to me :(

But I don't have an answer either. We need to find a solution.

Its a shitty idea from a bad government but reffo bashing is bullshit. Whats the facts big mick because you come from afghanistan your a terrorist or an extremist muslim. Well guess what fifty years ago your wog mate was a commo spy and twenty years ago the viatnamese bloke who now lives in your street was a filthy gook. But they both went on to become hard working productive citizens just like the pakis an afghans will.

I don't think anyone had been racist had they?

I do think we should have a better system though, 3 years is a long time, they cost huge amounts to process and keep. If they don't have good qualifications, send them back.

Brick half those wogs, well there offspiring are ****** try hards in shitty gangs, and probbaly grow up to be mostly useless lol.

As for when Abbots in charge... I don't think his gonna do too much ofa better job, he seems like a dickhead too....

Deep: Japan has a 0 immigration policy, based on they don't want to loose their culture. Australia can't get away with it lol. I think Holland or Sweden/Switzerland may have one too....

If I had a chance to meet the people, I'd take anybody of any race into my home if they needed a hand..... Free of charge.

You all need to travel and see what these poor sobs are trying to get away from.
Any of these people would work twice as hard as 50% of our (fucking lazy) Aussies.

We have it too good.

If they are genuine refugees then they go to this first country which is safe, NOT, one of their choosing which is half way around the world and they have already travelled through many safe countries to get to the one they have chosen.

Like people who want government housing, but say they want it in toorak.....

If they are immigrants then they should have their full paperwork and go through the process instead of trying to queue jump!!!!!

LOL, do you think refugees CHOOSE where they end up?

I've spoken to many refugees, and a number that tried to illegally enter a country....

They pay a man, and they just jump on a boat getting smuggled around.

Most just want to leave the atrocities that happen on a day to day basis at home, they couldn't care where they end up as the people I've talked to think they live in hell.....

I think that's the point of difference though Neddy? These people aren't immigrants. They're assylum seekers, running from terror and rape and certain death. Often these people have watched family members die, children are thrown on boats,in the hope that their lives are saved. Woman and their babies, are sent without their husbands, because their husbands and sons are fighting.....

And these poor people are put into detention centre's and left there for years and years and years. And don't kid yourselves, our prisons,for murderers, rapists and paedophiles are nicer than these detention centre's!

It's an abomination the government, all previous and present Australian governments, should be absolutely ashamed of.

Can you imagine, how utterly desperate you would have to be, to jump on a shitty boat that looks like it might fall apart, to escape?

Because that's what we're talking about here.

Immigration is a seperate matter.

The people who breach the immigration legislation are the Irish/English and Scottish backpackers who stay here beyond their visa requirements and try to live here. Or the men and women who come here and marry Australians, just to gain residency.

They're wroughters of the immigration system.

In Western society, Australia, Canada, US, UK there are provisions within our legislation, that we allow a certain number of refugee's within our borders each year. The number differs from country to country of course, but the provision is there, to assist in global humanity.

The problem is that Australia is an ageing population, we no longer have the workforce to support our growing pensioners, they keep pushing the age of retirement up, to milk a few more tax dollars out of people, in the hopes of sustaining our way of life for the coming generations.

The number of refugees and assylum seekers, is actually quite insignificant, in relation to our population growth through skilled workers and spousal immigrants. It's less than 1%. The reason it's so often in the media is because A) We treat them and house them, in worse conditions than criminals in our own country. B) No formal agreement or long term commitment by any government has ever been enforced.

There are actually not that many more boats coming into the country now, as there were back in John Howards day. The difference is that we're trying to accomodate them on shore now, instead of sending them off shore as was the Pacific Solution incepted by the Howard government.

So the media never created a shit storm. Because these boats were incepted way before they ever hit our shores and sent to islands off Australia, to wait out for years and years in detention camps, before being sent home, let into Australia, or sent to another country to immigrate.

The Pacific Solution, implemented by John Howard, cost this country a bloody fortune. We had to reach agreements and pay off the islands in question, build detention facilities (which are worse than prisons!), create a government department and pay a bunch of public servants to scratch their arses all day. Re-write legislation 5000 times before government and opposition came to any kind of agreement and then implement the Pacific Solution, which meant posting Australian workers abroad and paying them extraordinary amounts of money, to run detention camps. Not to mention engaging the Defence Force to incept the ships and deport the refugees to assylum off shore.

Not a solution and not even close to being a remotely humane plan of action.

That's why Kevin Rudd scrapped it immediately. The problem is, no other solution was ever really reached? These people aren't criminals. They're terrified foreigners, seeking freedom in another country. They deserve respect while they're being assessed, especially given that over 70% of them actually are bonafide refugees.

As per below :

The Pacific Solution was the name given to the Australian government policy (2001–2007) of transporting asylum seekers to detention centres on small island nations in the Pacific Ocean, rather than allowing them to land on the Australian mainland. It had bipartisan support from both the Liberal-National government and Labor opposition at the time. The Pacific Solution consisted of three central strategies. Firstly, thousands of islands were excised from Australia’s migration zone or Australian territory. Secondly, the Australian Defence Force commenced Operation Relex to interdict vessels carrying asylum seekers. Finally, these asylum seekers were removed to third countries in order to determine their refugee status. There were a number of pieces of legislation supporting this policy. The policy was developed by the Howard government in response to the 2001 Tampa affair and was implemented by then Australian Immigration Minister Philip Ruddock.
Asylum seekers were intercepted at sea while sailing from Indonesia and moved using Australian naval vessels. Detention centres were set up on Christmas Island, Manus Island in Papua New Guinea, and on the tiny island nation of Nauru. Some were also accepted for processing by New Zealand. Most of the asylum seekers came from Afghanistan (largely of the Hazara ethnic group), Iraq, Iran, China, and Vietnam. The last asylum seekers to be detained on Nauru before the end of the policy had come from Sri Lanka and Myanmar.[1]
Under the Pacific solution, 30 percent were sent home, 43 per cent of asylum seekers resettled from Nauru and Manus Island ended up in Australia. The remaining were settled in other countries.[2]

longest post in the fucking world. I know I know :D

Was talking to some colleagues about this. Most of them confuse asylum seekers with illegal immigrants and vice versa. They basically think all of them are illegal and that "coast guard" should take them out before they enter Australian waters.

le sigh

I think that's the point of difference though Neddy? These people aren't immigrants. They're assylum seekers, running from terror and rape and certain death. Often these people have watched family members die, children are thrown on boats,in the hope that their lives are saved. Woman and their babies, are sent without their husbands, because their husbands and sons are fighting.....

And these poor people are put into detention centre's and left there for years and years and years. And don't kid yourselves, our prisons,for murderers, rapists and paedophiles are nicer than these detention centre's!

It's an abomination the government, all previous and present Australian governments, should be absolutely ashamed of.

Can you imagine, how utterly desperate you would have to be, to jump on a shitty boat that looks like it might fall apart, to escape?

Because that's what we're talking about here.

Immigration is a seperate matter.

The people who breach the immigration legislation are the Irish/English and Scottish backpackers who stay here beyond their visa requirements and try to live here. Or the men and women who come here and marry Australians, just to gain residency.

They're wroughters of the immigration system.

In Western society, Australia, Canada, US, UK there are provisions within our legislation, that we allow a certain number of refugee's within our borders each year. The number differs from country to country of course, but the provision is there, to assist in global humanity.

The problem is that Australia is an ageing population, we no longer have the workforce to support our growing pensioners, they keep pushing the age of retirement up, to milk a few more tax dollars out of people, in the hopes of sustaining our way of life for the coming generations.

The number of refugees and assylum seekers, is actually quite insignificant, in relation to our population growth through skilled workers and spousal immigrants. It's less than 1%. The reason it's so often in the media is because A) We treat them and house them, in worse conditions than criminals in our own country. B) No formal agreement or long term commitment by any government has ever been enforced.

There are actually not that many more boats coming into the country now, as there were back in John Howards day. The difference is that we're trying to accomodate them on shore now, instead of sending them off shore as was the Pacific Solution incepted by the Howard government.

So the media never created a shit storm. Because these boats were incepted way before they ever hit our shores and sent to islands off Australia, to wait out for years and years in detention camps, before being sent home, let into Australia, or sent to another country to immigrate.

The Pacific Solution, implemented by John Howard, cost this country a bloody fortune. We had to reach agreements and pay off the islands in question, build detention facilities (which are worse than prisons!), create a government department and pay a bunch of public servants to scratch their arses all day. Re-write legislation 5000 times before government and opposition came to any kind of agreement and then implement the Pacific Solution, which meant posting Australian workers abroad and paying them extraordinary amounts of money, to run detention camps. Not to mention engaging the Defence Force to incept the ships and deport the refugees to assylum off shore.

Not a solution and not even close to being a remotely humane plan of action.

That's why Kevin Rudd scrapped it immediately. The problem is, no other solution was ever really reached? These people aren't criminals. They're terrified foreigners, seeking freedom in another country. They deserve respect while they're being assessed, especially given that over 70% of them actually are bonafide refugees.

As per below :

The Pacific Solution was the name given to the Australian government policy (2001–2007) of transporting asylum seekers to detention centres on small island nations in the Pacific Ocean, rather than allowing them to land on the Australian mainland. It had bipartisan support from both the Liberal-National government and Labor opposition at the time. The Pacific Solution consisted of three central strategies. Firstly, thousands of islands were excised from Australia’s migration zone or Australian territory. Secondly, the Australian Defence Force commenced Operation Relex to interdict vessels carrying asylum seekers. Finally, these asylum seekers were removed to third countries in order to determine their refugee status. There were a number of pieces of legislation supporting this policy. The policy was developed by the Howard government in response to the 2001 Tampa affair and was implemented by then Australian Immigration Minister Philip Ruddock.
Asylum seekers were intercepted at sea while sailing from Indonesia and moved using Australian naval vessels. Detention centres were set up on Christmas Island, Manus Island in Papua New Guinea, and on the tiny island nation of Nauru. Some were also accepted for processing by New Zealand. Most of the asylum seekers came from Afghanistan (largely of the Hazara ethnic group), Iraq, Iran, China, and Vietnam. The last asylum seekers to be detained on Nauru before the end of the policy had come from Sri Lanka and Myanmar.[1]
Under the Pacific solution, 30 percent were sent home, 43 per cent of asylum seekers resettled from Nauru and Manus Island ended up in Australia. The remaining were settled in other countries.[2]

longest post in the fucking world. I know I know :D

TL;DR

Cliffs please

Thus is only MY opinion...but there are too many doo-gooders, I get pissed off when people say how unfortunate these 'refugees' are but what about our own pensioners, homeless and especially war veterans? Surely they deserve more before before a refugee does?

I actually think it is a great idea, if I had my own house and a spare room I wouldn't think twice about it.
Anyone who thinks it is a bad idea is either a) stupid b) ignorant or c) racist.
I can see that it would be beneficial to any pensioner who had a house but very little income or anyone with a spare room but was under mortgage stress. I can't see what the problem is honestly if if is going to cost the tax payer less

Thus is only MY opinion...but there are too many doo-gooders, I get pissed off when people say how unfortunate these 'refugees' are but what about our own pensioners, homeless and especially war veterans? Surely they deserve more before before a refugee does?
this.

we need to get out own shit together first, people are worried about saving refugees when we have people sleeping out in the cold and the rain this week. what about aussy families that are struggling to get by because one of the parents got layed off? just did a quick google earch, 105,000 people are homeless on any given night.

let me put it this way if your house is on fire, are you going to help your neighbor put his fire out? or are u going to sort out your own shit first?

oh what was that? u just got off a boat? come, heres some food, clean clothes and a house to stay in.
what was that? your a homeless bloke who was born and raised here? nah, i wont give you a house or money, you'll probably blow it anyway or spend it on drugs.

- peoples logic.
seems legit

i didnt read the article, so im just going off something that i read, but the government would be better off putting the money into helping the people who are already here, when all that shit it sorted out, then by all means help the refugees but still, who should really be taking priority here?